Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Sorry this took so long, walking out to the "Oddy" (sic) and all that, just as poor, overworked DV laments above as too trying for his own purposes, whatever those are.

I guess I'm just old fashioned in my belief that this should be an open forum for sharing ideas and information, not for some sort of misguided attempt at showing off something -- what exactly? -- , for example.

So, my more lengthy approach is to actually post the answer to the OP's question -- imagine that! -- in case future searchers need to know this information, that is rather than just where to find it themselves, ASSuming that they had handy or knew where to access those references (to which, I note, the other non-response unhelpfully gives no links).

2010 (no-Pax) Ody Tour w/ OEM 17" wheels.
Fr 33 cold PSI
Rr 35
Spare 60 - folks, don't forget to air your spare!

I usually run a few extra PSI in the front, say 35 cold psi, but too much air negatively affects initial impact harshness and even my wife notices. Tolerances differ, as the prior "too helpful" poster's useful answer indicates, and YMMV. Too much pressure also can cause premature center wear, but I don't know the break point.

Be sure you have a spare for your new de-pax set.

·
Registered
346 Posts
It's my pleasure. I've noticed that difference before for Touring vs. EX, too. Some of us tune our pressures to personal preference, whereas the manufacturer tries to give a compromise number addressing ride, efficiency and handling. Maybe the 2 psi reduction addresses the initial impact harshness I mentioned for the Touring's lower profile tires compared to the taller sidewall lesser models?
Best of luck.
(I hope that you did not spend too much time hunting down all of those manual pages online!)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.