Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking at all the info available and I still have a few questions:

1. My Honda Dealer actually said they would offer me the Elbrus I05 as an option to my Pax wheeles. Is this wheel going to fit OK? I will order them on my own. What tires do you suggest.

2. I am curious, can I take the sensors from my factory wheels and put them on the above mentioned Elbrus I05's? Any good suggestions on tires?

3. If I can use the sensors from my own touring wheels, do I need a special washer or rubber piece for around the stem?

4. Is 235/60/17 the right tire size I need?

Thanks for your help.

Paul

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have been looking at all the info available and I still have a few questions:

1. My Honda Dealer actually said they would offer me the Elbrus I05 as an option to my Pax wheeles. Is this wheel going to fit OK? I will order them on my own. What tires do you suggest.
Here are my answers that I know of:

I don't know, I think you need to do some research on this. But, thing to remember is that bolt pattern is 5x120mm, and the offset has to match the Odyssey Touring. That's what I am not familiar with. I've seen people use 16, 17, and 18" rims which I think are most popular for depax. Personally, I would not use anything smaller than 17" if you asked me because the Touring has that size. Just that I want a comparable ride as my current setup, and I am afraid that 16" rim would make the Touring ride too soft and not responsive. Personally on tires, I am biased towards Yokohamas, I don't like Michelins at all after this PAX fiasco. It was my favorite in the past but not anymore. A lot of people I heard use Good Year Triple Tread, or Michelin. But when I do the conversion, I will be putting on Yokohama.

2. I am curious, can I take the sensors from my factory wheels and put them on the above mentioned Elbrus I05's? Any good suggestions on tires?
Yes you can reuse the sensors but you have to get the tires off from a dealer who has PAX equipment. If they are worn severly and you're going to get rid of them anyway, you can have the tire shop cut the tire using a maching and get the sensors out. I would not recommend doing it yourself if you're not handy with tools (just a food for thought).

3. If I can use the sensors from my own touring wheels, do I need a special washer or rubber piece for around the stem?
I don't believe so. Tire shop would be able to determine that because most shops now deals with TPMS.

4. Is 235/60/17 the right tire size I need?
I believe that is the correct size but do a search on this website.

Thanks for your help.

Paul

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.