Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am straight up seeking a decent, honest, safety minded Ody mechanic to fix up my 2005 van. As a single lady, I get a lot of "do you need to call your husband first" and "husband couldn't fix it eh?" and my most favorite "your husband going to get you a new vehicle soon because we can offer HIM a great trade in on this van"....grrrrrrrr. I just want a mechanic who isn't going to treat me like I am invisible or not the owner of my vehicle! It's 2019 and I can change out a lot on my own van but the things that require wheels to come off and getting in behind the engine, yeah, no way!

So if you know of a recommendation for a shop person or and individual who just works on Odys on the side, please, please, please post me the contact info.

Sincere thanks! MomUber

·
Registered
79 Posts
The title sounded like description on eHarmony. On serious note, I know many people here detest dealership, but if you don't want to receive those kind of snides, it is best to go to dealership. Cost might be an obstacle, but I have never been mistreated by either Acura or Honda dealers. If you want independent shops, it is best ask your neighbors or coworkers where do they service their cars.

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
39 Posts
I had a buddy who worked at AutoZone give me this tip: the parts counter associates at your local auto parts store know which auto repair shops are good because they're the ones selling parts to all the local shops. Just drive up to a NAPA or O'Reilly or whatever's in your area and ask for recommendations in person.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Uber Mom, get a grip. These men aren't grabbing your private parts, and some are just trying to make a type of 'conversation', which you might not like.

Your bigger problem is that it is hard for an honest independent mechanic to make a living, just doing the work that is required. I have someone here in Washington, DC, but he gets his health insurance thru his wife!

Again,and as was said, ask friends and family, and remember, any good mechanic can fix a Honda.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Go to this website. " www.cartalk.com"
Click: "mechanic files"
Follow instructions.

Tom and Ray Magliozzi, click and clack, used to have radio show. Very well known. This site, will list mechanics in
your area. Good Luck.

·
Registered
737 Posts
The title sounded like description on eHarmony. On serious note, I know many people here detest dealership, but if you don't want to receive those kind of snides, it is best to go to dealership. Cost might be an obstacle, but I have never been mistreated by either Acura or Honda dealers. If you want independent shops, it is best ask your neighbors or coworkers where do they service their cars.

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk
After I was very loudly called an idiot by the head mechanic in a waiting room full of customers (all because I had a Fumoto oil change valve on my oil pan), you will not find me in a Honda stealership unless it is for an absolute need that a independent shop can't fix. Regretfully there are needs for that high priced Honda computer. To bad we don't have enough Ody enthusiasts doing their own work like there were on the VW TDI vehicles. There was a market for the VAG-com and Ross Tech for the TDI owner. Unfortunately, we Ody tinkerers don't have that option.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts