Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! This is my first time here. I drive a 2005 Odyssey Touring.

After numerous e-mails with Dice Electronics in which they assured me this kit was compatible with my van I have run into problems after purchase and install.

We installed it per the instructions and the iPod will play...however, we have no sound to the back speakers and no text display on the radio display.

I have researched online and it seems that perhaps XM needs to be disabled in order for the text display to work. Anybody know how to disable the XM?

I cannot find anything online regarding the back speakers having no sound. At a loss here????

Any help or direction to a previous post where this is addressed is appreciated. I tried to search under Dice R4 and it wouldn't pull up any previous discussions.

I am at the point now where I am ready to box the unit back up and send it back.

Thanks!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Disable XM

Just did this the other day and I have the Mediabridge from Dice the 1500. You need to get to the XM unit and disconect it at the unit. It is located just in front of the spare tire in the rear drivers side interior panel. You need to remove the trim from the bottom inside of the hatch after pulling back the seal, then detach the rear panel. Inside I found mine behind the plastic vapour barrier. You just need to disconnect it at the XM unit. I have NAV and RES and had interference when playing my iphone but this fixed that. Now I am dealing with my bluetooth not picking up my voice. Hope this helps. I found a video on how to remove the rear panel by looking for trailer wiring install on 07 Odyssey.

As for the rear speakers I can only state the obvious but do you have a button on your head unit that turns off the rear speakers? That is all I can think of.

·
Registered
632 Posts
I've used GTA car kit ipod/iphone integration on my 04 accord and it works very well as stated. Im planning to use one in my Odyssey as they have a nice video online how to connect thru the Ody but realized my Ody has a 3.5mm aux input jack below the DVD player. I had to hold off on ordering yet. One reason i was planning to do it is for aesthetic purpose i want my iphone inside the cubby below the climate control so that no wires dangling around.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts