Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my 2002 Ody Ex, with mud flaps, console and mats thrown in all for MSRP.. I traded my 1999 Plymoth Base Grand Voyager w/ 50,500 miles for $10,500... I thought that was a fair price and was fearing worse...
Parker

·
Registered
157 Posts
Yup! I didn't fare so well. Traded my Dodge Grand Caravan with 104,500 miles in for a little over $5,000. Tried selling on my own with no luck. The van looked and ran like new. The milage, and the fact it was a '96 Dodge, hurt the resale value. Carmax quote was a joke at $3,200!! Oh wel, I just love my new Ody!!

------------------
2002 MB EXL NAV
Cargo Tray, iVES, Zaino, Poron Reverse Sensors, Door Edge Guards, Fogs, & more ZAINO!!

·
Registered
596 Posts
We sold our '94 SWB Caravan to our kids for $6500 and probably could have had about $7.5/$8K on the market. We did not even ask the dealer what he would offer, knowing it would be in the $3-4K neighborhood. It was very nice, visually, and had a 3.0L motor and 4-speed transmission w/ 72K miles. Trading good vehicles in is just another way to lose a bunch of money, especially on minivans. Yes, the Odyssey is an exception to the rule, but, when the "shortage" is over, that will change to some degree.

Jerry O.

------------------
2001 Odyssey GG LX

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Jerry O:
...when the "shortage" is over, that will change to some degree.</font>
What makes you think that the demand will not continue to exceed the supply? The Ontario plant also makes MDXs, so Honda can alter their production of Odys there to manage supply. Honda has kept the upper hand in the supply/demand equation since the Ody was released, and I don't think they'll give up that position soon.

Regards,

------------------
Maugham

"I plan to live forever. So far, so good"
'02 RP EXL
'85 Prelude
'01 Ninja folding aluminum scooter
'00 New Balance Model 658 Shoes w/ Green grass stains and '01 White Laces

·
Registered
215 Posts
Supply management alone won't keep values up. If someone else comes out with something that becomes the latest rage, it will be over for the Ody. If Honda should reduce the US prices to more equal Canadas it would hurt our resale value.
Todays peacock is tomorrows feather duster.

AL

·
Registered
596 Posts
Heavy, Al! Yeah, I suppose getting one-upped by the competition would be the most likely scenario. Over time, there have been few vehicles which really hold a high percentage of their value and, from what I have experienced, the minivan segment is usually the poorest, even though it is a very popular vehicle when new.

Jerry O.

------------------
2001 Odyssey GG LX

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by albaby:
If someone else comes out with something that becomes the latest rage, it will be over for the Ody.</font>

Do you mean over for a particular older Ody or for the Ody product line?

Every year there are new cars. Has Honda kept pace with innovation or have they evaded it?

I think we'll see an AWD Ody within a couple of years.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">If Honda should reduce the US prices to more equal Canadas it would hurt our resale value.</font>

That's quite a large "if," one which I think will only occur if the economy tanks much worse.

I don't think about resale value myself, because I keep cars for many years.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Todays peacock is tomorrows feather duster.</font>

Good point! Having been involved with the computer industry for 38 years, I'd have to agree with you.

Regards,

------------------
Maugham

'02 RP EXL
'85 Prelude
'00 New Balance Model 658 Shoes w/ Green grass stains and '01 White Laces w/ frayed tips

[This message has been edited by Maugham (edited 11-01-2001).]

P

·
0 Posts
very off the topic here, but Maugham, I bust up every time I see your sig.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by poodleluvr:
very off the topic here, but Maugham, I bust up every time I see your sig.</font>
<font size =-3>I'm glad! After you were assailed here by our version of the Taliban, I wanted to say something, but thought it best to let the topic drop. Some self-appointed hall monitors just don't want anyone else to enjoy his or her own youth.

I'm whispering so They don't hear me...

Best Regards,

</font>
------------------
Maugham

'02 RP EXL
'85 Prelude
'00 New Balance Model 658 Shoes w/ <font color=green>Green</font> Grass stains and '01 <font color=white>White</font> Laces w/ Frayed Tips <font color=white>

[This message has been edited by Maugham (edited 11-02-2001).]

P

·
0 Posts
Maugham, I'm confused...I was assailed by the Taliban?

I really want to know what you're talking about...I have an idea.

I'm the kind of person who wants to be in the know, so please 'explain yourself'(lol):

[email protected]

Michelle

------------------
  • 2002 RP EXL-RES (11/2)
  • 1995 Honda Civic DX Coupe
  • 1990 Chrysler LeBaron Convertible
  • 1987 Honda Civic Sedan
  • 1986 Toyota LE Van

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by poodleluvr:
...I'm the kind of person who wants to be in the know, so please 'explain yourself...</font>
<font size=-3><font color=gray>Psst. I'm still whispering. Check your e-mail.</font></font>

------------------
Maugham

'02 RP EXL
'85 Prelude
'00 New Balance Model 658 Shoes w/ Green Grass stains and '01 White Laces w/ Frayed Tips

·
Registered
130 Posts
Okay, now I'm confused. I want to know how to change the font size on a post, and also how to change colors on the post. I searched FAQ's and found no help. How do you do this?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts