Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently bought a 2001 SS Odyssey in Hawaii. I paid $1116 for the Honda Care Waranty. Was this too much? If so what should I do? Can I get a refund? Any recommendations? Can I shop around on this warranty after I bought it?

------------------
VB IN HAWAII:)

·
Registered
8 Posts
I paid around $800 for 10 years/ 100K / and no deductible. Warranty can be bought from any dealer in the US. I live in NJ and got mine from Kentucky

·
Registered
21 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by VB2001:
I just recently bought a 2001 SS Odyssey in Hawaii. I paid $1116 for the Honda Care Waranty. Was this too much? If so what should I do? Can I get a refund? Any recommendations? Can I shop around on this warranty after I bought it?

</font>
Did you pay too much? Well about the best deal I've seen on this forum or anywhere else for that matter, is $875 for the HondaCare 7/100/0 warranty through Tracy at Alton Blakely.

Can you shop around? YES! You can buy a HondaCare warranty from ANY Honda dealer in the US.

Can you get a refund? YES! within 60 days of purchase you can get a full refund, through AHFC. Read your warranty it gives full details. I believe you are supposed to actually cancel it at the dealer where the warranty was purchased.

Can you buy again after you've cancelled once? There was a thread here where there was some disagreement as to whether you can do so. I am of the the opinion that yes, you can. I had a similar stiuation as you except I still hadn't taken delivery of my vehicle. When I went back to pick up the Ody I had to play hardball but my dealer met the price.

My suggestion would be to call Jeff Klotz at 1st Texas Honda (512)458-2511. He is the guy that researched it for me through his contacts at Honda and told me he could rewrite a policy for me. While you are supposed to have the exsisting policy cancelled at the dealer that issued it, Jeff said that he could send the papers that are needed.

Good luck, let us know how it turns out for you.
Chomp

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Chomp

I just want to thank you for all your information. I taled to Jeff Klotz. He says he'll be able to get me the 7/100,000 warranty for $875. I just have to cancel my contract with the Honda Dealership here which costed me $1116. It makes me wonder...do they get commission on this. Maybe so. Thanks again.

VB2001

·
Registered
2014 Acura RDX
76 Posts
"I paid around $800 for 10 years/ 100K / and no deductible. Warranty can be bought from any dealer in the US. I live in NJ and got mine from Kentucky "

I'm guessing you meant 7 years, above?

RFT!!!
Dave Kelsen.
I couldn't care less about apathy.

·
Registered
21 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by VB2001:
It makes me wonder...do they get commission on this. Maybe so. Thanks again.

VB2001
</font>
Yes, they do make a commission on the sale of any extended warranty. That's what is so bad about the whole "I can't sell it to you for that price" b.s. some dealers claim. Dealers that won't sell at a competetive price when presented with the facts are dealing in poor faith. It's not that they "can't" they simply don't make as much money. But aren't they making enough selling to the majority of buyers, ones that haven't researched the costs. That's not to mention the dealership getting full MSRP, in most cases, on this particular vehicle? Jeff and Tracy have the right approach...sell in volume and make a little less per unit...it's a win-win for them and the buying customer.

Anyway, glad it worked out well for you.

Chomp

1 - 6 of 6 Posts