Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a 2001 Odyssey LX, which we bought new. We are interested in the 2011 LX and were wondering what differences (good and bad) to expect between the two vans?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
And those are?

I think my question is legit. I've been seeing a lot of discussion about how poorly the 2011 compares to the 2010 for example. Believe me, if I could get a 2010 LX, I would. But they don't see to be available, only the high buck touring versions.

·
Registered
778 Posts
To be honest, thats not exactly a mental comparison anyone has really done, or I expect anyone to really do since their a decade a part. Also, not much has been discussed on the 2011 LX, beyond the fact that the second row seats will have 2 armrests each.:D

·
Registered
778 Posts
I also just realized, two of my dealers still have 2010 Lx's. How far down are you in Maryland?

·
Registered
661 Posts
hondacars.com/odyssey

I mean, really, its all there spelled out for you. Specs, dimensions, equipment level, prices, even video guides of the features.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Rackshaw said:
D.C area. Not exactly close
even if you're not close to maryland, your dealer should be able to locate the car that you want from the other dealers.

·
Registered
506 Posts
The differences would everything. The only thing that is the same is that it's still a mini-van.

Cheers.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Your '01 looks WAY better than an '11?;)

Sorry, I just know someone's gonna flame me for that one....But man, Honda dropped the ball on the new styling...:yuck:

Seriously, I have a close friend who works as a dealer parts manager...He tells me that the reliability and performance of gen 3's is quite a bit better than gen 2's (like mine:() so I'd ass-u-me that the new ones should be another step in the right direction.

Regards,
Shea:)

·
Premium Member
14,606 Posts
We have a 2001 Odyssey LX, which we bought new. We are interested in the 2011 LX and were wondering what differences (good and bad) to expect between the two vans?
Specifically, the differences are plenty. I'll just outline a few.

Spacewise is has a lot more room especially legroom. OTOH, it is wider in exterior dimensions.

Mechanically wise, the biggest is the possibility the 4 shaft tranny is more reliable, jury's still out regarding the cylinder de activation system (I'm just leery of long term issues). Recent years have concerns for drivability, shaking, etc.

Handling wise, reports have indicated less road feel and response. Frankly, the 01' LX is one of the best handling Ody's ever due to the largest sway bar and lightest wt. of the V6 iterations.

Powerwise, the new Ody is faster significantly 210 hp vs 248 hp. And fuel efficiency should be better according to EPA figures. And these are the new adjusted ones.

Reports have come in regarding ride quality being slightly more compliant and the test drives I've had bear this out compared to my 01' but a lot has to do with the fact it's a NEW vehicle.

The 11' is perceptibly quieter across the board though.

Go out a do a thorough test drive to access what's important to you. I don't like the floor mounted cup holders and I feel Honda went the cheapie route with this one.

And correct me if I wrong, but the new driver seats seem to be smaller in size overall and less supportive? I'm not a huge guy weighing just under 150lbs. and at 6 feet tall....

Feel free to email me privately if you want to discuss these issues further, I've driven every year since 01' and many of my friends own Ody's.....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts