Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just traded a well looked after, low mileage 2006 EX-L for a 2010 EX-L.

I am finding some changes equate to some gains and some losses when comparing a 2010 EX-L to a 2006 EX-L.

Losses:
Biggest loss imo, is the lack of a folding plus one seat. So no longer can one store the plus one seat in the underfloor storage, a feature I used on my 2006.

Underfloor storage: smaller in 2010 with no lock. In 2006 underfloor storage was bigger, lockable and included a removeable lazy susan. Btw in 2010 the underfloor storage capacity is 22 lbs, don't know what it was in 2006.

Cupholders on second row seats (bases) gone.

Storage on back of front seats no longer have the mesh zipped compartments as they did in 2006. The 2010's have the seatback pocket thats it.

Loss front passenger underseat storage. (Gained powered seat over manual from 2006).

Kickpanels on bottom of third row seat now just hard plastic whereas in 2006 they were carpeted.

HVAC fan speed control for rear lost in 2010 on dash HVAC control. (Gained temp control).

Gains:
Front passenger power seat over manual in 2006. (Lost underseat storage)

Rear temp control from front, prior had fan speed control in 2006. (as above)

Telescopic steering gain with tilt in 2010. Only column tilt in 2006.

Rearview mirror now has backup camera in it. Basic rearview mirror in 2006.

Doors auto lock (and programmable) in 2010. No such option in 2006.

Change holder integrated into console cupholders..but cupholders slightly smaller overall.

XM radio built in.

Aux (radio) plug where one former power accesory socket was located.

Gradelogic transmission control.

Engine VCM & i-VTEC refinements.

Power liftgate.

Plastic (cheap) lower grill cover. Open on 2006.

That's all I have found so far. I have noticed also chages to things like sunvisors & vanity mirrors...thinner & cheaper looking in 2010 imo. The Honda "H" front grill emblem on the 2010's have a back on them to collect bugs, dirt, etc. Yhe 2006 emblem had no back and stuff would pass through...easier to clean in 2006 for those who are fussy detailers.

Anyone else trade up in same generation to find gains & losses.

Now looking for a folding plus one seat in beige for my underseat storage...anyone got a lead on one?

·
Registered
778 Posts
There has been a lot of cost cutting over the years. Your windshield washer nozzels are no longer body colored and your third row seat is no longer leather. The back of the seat is also now carpeted. And you've got that new (ugly imo) moonroof button. And many of the controls got labels, rather than just diagrams.

·
Registered
372 Posts
I realize you are comparing apples for apples (EX-L to EX-L) Good comparison by the way, very helpful. I feel good that I have the older model after reading this.
I just wanted to add that some of the gains were already available on the Touring.
carguy said:
Gains:
Telescopic steering gain with tilt in 2010. Only column tilt in 2006.
The 2007 Touring has telescopic...

carguy said:
Doors auto lock (and programmable) in 2010. No such option in 2006.
The 2007 Touring can be programmed to autolock.

carguy said:
XM radio built in.
The 2007 Touring has XM built in.

carguy said:
Power liftgate.
The 2007 Touring has the power lift gate.

Aux (radio) plug where one former power accesory socket was located.
The 2007 Touring has an AUX plug-in in the 3rd row arm rest.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Cntrtwnltd said:
The back of the seat is also now carpeted.
The 2007 Touring has a carpeted search back on the 3rd row seats. I guess they changed this going from 2006 to 2007? I always get dirt on there when loading the stroller into the trunk!

·
Registered
20 Posts
I just ended a lease and gave back a 2007 EX-L w/RES & Nav ($475/month) and leased a new 2010 EX-L for $405/month (and then added a remote starter for $10 more/month).

When I got the 2007, I insisted on the Rear-View camera and the only way to get it was with the GPS (which required the RES).

In 2010, the camera is standard. With three kids ages 10,7 and 3, having a single DVD was pointless. One has an ipod touch and 2 portable DVD players (to watch different things) are $80/each. Also, I got an aftermarket NAV with traffic and other bells for $200. I already had a bluetooth speaker so I decided to save the $70/month. The biggest aggravation is the extra wire for the GPS and having to put it away when parking in NYC. Time will tell if the $70 savings was worth it after all is said and done.

I, too, noticed some GLARING changes between these models though some of the things mentioned were already in my 2007 so most of these changes were for the worse:

1) No under front passenger storage.

2) Removed one accessory plug for a audio input (I want both!).

3) No side cup holders for middle row though....

4) Since you can't fold the 8th seat and put under the floor, you have the 2 cupholders that are in that center console.

Of course, the power trunk is a HUGE plus.

I am happy that I only lease these cars for 3 years so hopefully the 2013 will correct some of these omissions (or at least give me new features that will make me forget). Overall, I am disappointed by the changes. If I would have gotten a 2007 touring, I wonder if keeping it for 6 years and then selling would have been better.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts