Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a source for a combination Digital Thermometer/Compass gage? I don't want to spend $200 on a Donelley mirror, but
would like to have these added features.

I've seen stand alone digi temp gages as well as compasses, but I'm looking for one
small unit that has *both* of them. Perhaps I should check Radio Shack.

------------------
Grant
'02 SS Ody Ex
'92 Prelude Si

·
Registered
21 Posts
Well, you will find a nice array of mirrors at: www.cipamirrors.com.

They even have a mirror that has auto dim / compass / temperature / and map lights. That one costs $299.

All these special mirrors are pricey, but they do have one with auto dimming and compass for $149, I think.

·
Registered
52 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Patm1234:
</font>
Tried looking at the website you mention but got this message: "The requested URL / was not found on this server." Is this webaddress correct?

·
Registered
21 Posts
It IS correct. For some reason it doesn't become as link. Try typing it fresh and see what that does. It is for Cipa Mirrors.

·
Registered
564 Posts
It IS correct. For some reason it doesn't become as link. Try typing it fresh and see what that does. It is for Cipa Mirrors.</font>
It is a link, certainly. The problem is the trailing '.' after com. Here is a link that should work: www.cipamirrors.com

------------------
-= Darell =-
2001 Civic EX (ULEV)- currently the BIG car.
1997 EV1 (ZEV) in process - "This is NOT your father's golf cart"

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

They even have a mirror that has auto dim / compass / temperature / and map lights. That one costs $299.

All these special mirrors are pricey, but they do have one with auto dimming and compass for $149, I think.
</font>
Thanks for the web link. I looked into it, and unfortunately, discovered that it would cost $245 to have the compass and temp. features...a little more thna I'm looking to spend. I've been searching the web, and have found some very nice standalone digi temp and compass gages, but have yet to find one combined, except for the aftermarket mirrors. I'll have to look closely at my dash again and see if there are a cpl open, unobtrusive spaces for separate gages.

------------------
Grant
'02 SS Ody Ex
'92 Prelude Si

·
Registered
130 Posts
The site for Cipa is nice, but...am I crazy? Where are you seeing prices or information on a particular product? I clicked 'til I dropped, but not one thing in the line seems clickable??

·
Registered
130 Posts
Yes, Yur, I bought then returned a pni digital fellow. It was quite large in comparison to others, and just plain wouldn't stay "stuck" anywhere. It's also in Herrington's catalog. I really like the rearview mirror idea, and would forgo the temperature gauge in favor of the compass on the bottom of the mirror if I could get it for around $150. I bought the RadioShack in/out temp thing and really like it. I'll try the Cipa site by phone.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
I've got an indoor/outdoor thermometer that I picked up at Target for about $10. It's mounted, with velcro, to the bottom edge of the dash just below the radio bin (no Navi, no tape or in-dash 6 changer). The wire for the outdoor sensor goes through the bin's opening, next to the fog light wiring, through the firewall via the fog light grommet. The sensor is mounted on the bottom edge of one of the lower grill slats.

I believe Airguide makes a couple of electronic, digital compasses but I haven't been able to find any in local stores.

I purchased, and returned, a $20 digital compass at Sam's Club. It worked, but was too big and therefore was difficult to mount. Any movement, even changing the angle of the screen required recalibration.

I'd like a compass for everyday use. If I'm serious about navigating, e.g., on a trip, then I use my Garmin GPS-III+. It mounts nicely and works well when placed in front of the clock. I can even still see clock.

Mel

·
Registered
52 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by MerpsMom:
The site for Cipa is nice, but...am I crazy? Where are you seeing prices or information on a particular product? I clicked 'til I dropped, but not one thing in the line seems clickable?? </font>
You are right in that getting pricing info at this site is tough - but as you look through for dealers, it links you to another website, rpminnovations.com - here you can find the product and pricing.

·
Registered
40 Posts
How about buying a timex digital compass watch ($40.00), taking it apart and cutting a window in the fog light cover to show the display? Maybe someone could come up with another clever OEM look for it.

Here are some more sites for digital compasses, they have the same ones as listed in the other posts:

Try this site: www.electronic-compass.com

The model co-pilot v2000 is a compass and temp gauge for $81.95, free shipping. The v6000 model also has an altimeter, barometer, and weather forecaster for $131.95. The v2000 is a silver color that might match the grey interior of some ody's. It has suction cups for mounting on a windshield, but some clever person out there could probably find a place to mount it so it looks factory? It is 3 7/8"W x 2 1/2"H x 1 1/4"D

Here is another site you might want to look at: http://www.airsource1.com/catalog.cgi/HARDWARE/COMPASS

This site has some cheaper, smaller compasses, but without the temp gauge, as well as the two mentioned above.

You can also find all of these on amazon.com under vehicle navigation devices.

[This message has been edited by Curculio (edited 11-12-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Curculio (edited 11-12-2001).]

·
Registered
130 Posts
The one with the suction cups and a rectangular readout is the one I returned: it just couldn't find a home to stay securely fastened. And once it fell a couple of times, it became uncalibrated. Sigh. I might check out the small Co-Pilot. The pni website also gives you all the skinny on their entire line.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts