Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

I have just received my SS Ody yesterday and while giving it a clean up/wax yesterday, I noticed there are already 'stuff's stuck to the exposed paint area, i.e. the area not covered with the shipping adhesive plastic sheets. Removing some of them using my fingernail, I noticed it left a rust like residue on the paint which is quite obvious on the SS color. Do you thik this 'stuff' could have come from the train during the shipment ? Is there a good cleaner out there I can use to get rid of these stuff ?
This car is only at the dealership for less than 24 hours before I pick it up.

I did a through inspection of the paint job under the sun as advised by Odyclub members and the paint job seems satisfactory. However, at dusk, I noticed the paint on the hood appears to be a little cloudy. :-( Hopefully, it will disappear in a few days...

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Hi, Tony. Yes, you're right, it's probably rail dust.

See the "Detailing" forum for details on how to remove it with a claybar. I'm not sure what the clouding may be; I hope it cleans up for you.

------------------
Chuck
Click here for Ody pics, mods and fixes on FotoTime.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Chuck,

uhhh... What's a claybar ?? I tried to find it in the Detailing section but didn't find any info. I guess I did not look hard enough...

Tony the Tiger

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
A claybar is pretty much what it sounds like; a bar of soft clay you use with a lubricant such as carwash soap, to clean your paint. It's been around for quite a while, but just gotten popular in the last couple of years.

As you read descriptions, it sounds like a very hard process, but in reality it's very easy to do and produces superb results. Best to do after a comprehensive paint washing and before application of any other polish or wax.

There's a discussion going on now at: http://www.odyclub.com/ubb/Forum6/HTML/000071.html .

Also look at www.zainobros.com .

------------------
Chuck
Click here for Ody pics, mods and fixes on FotoTime.

[This message has been edited by ckonarske (edited 09-27-2001).]

[This message has been edited by ckonarske (edited 09-27-2001).]

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts