Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife has an extreme sensitivity to radio waves. We just got a 2011 ex-l and she is complaining of headaches which she has had in the past from bluethooth. Te new odyssey has in built into the radio and the dealer says it cannot be fully turned off. Does anyone know a way to turn off the bluetooth? I even though of pulling the radio opening it up and sniping a wire to the Bluetooth if that would work and I could get a sense of what to snip. Please help if you have the answer - she can't drive the car and the dealer wont take it back. We have had it one day.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Wow, I have never heard of something like that. If you can remove the radio, why not pull it out entirely or even ask the dealer to. Have your wife drive the van for a day w/ no radio. If she feels better, get an aftermarket, no-bluetooth radio put in. Even if they charge you some $, it is still worth feeling better.

Are you sure she isn't allergic to the "new car smell" or something?

·
Registered
196 Posts
You could try taking the "Radio" fuse out, at least to see if that solves the problem. Look in the owner's manual, page 678. The fuse is located in the primary underhood fuse box, fuse no. 15, 20A.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts