Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone in ody-land disabled their alarm?
Reason is I installed a Clifford w/ smart windows and a few more bells, and I glued the alarm keys on the factory fob. On occasion when turning the clifford off, the factory alarm fires off and the only way to quiet it is to use the key to unlock the door. I have asked the folks at Honda as well as a friend at American Honda no luck. Any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
2,140 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by MGians:
Has anyone in ody-land disabled their alarm?
Reason is I installed a Clifford w/ smart windows and a few more bells, and I glued the alarm keys on the factory fob. On occasion when turning the clifford off, the factory alarm fires off and the only way to quiet it is to use the key to unlock the door. I have asked the folks at Honda as well as a friend at American Honda no luck. Any suggestions?
</font>
I have not tried this, but I'd venture to guess that if you unplug the alarm receiver module from the mutiplex control unit, the factory alarm will be disabled (or at least disconnect arm and disarm signals). So if I hear you correctly, the alarm was installed such that the factory alarm receiver module interfaces with the Clifford, and you still control with your factory remote?

I'd think your alarm installer should easily be able to disconnect the factory alarm for you.....

Sorry I can't be of more assistance.

------------------
-Shin John
'01 DEP EX, and I'm workin' on it! (slowly)

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Shin John, I figured you would respond and or know. My installer didn't know how to unplug it, and they are two seperate systems. I crazy glued the factory fobs alarm buttons, and just use the clifford fob. And it happens when the clifford system is in it's quiet mode.

·
1,484 Posts
The accessory Honda alarm unit is a black rectangular box mounted on a bracket under the driver's side dash. It should be on the right. The harness head is green, I think. I guess just disconnect it like Shin John said.

-Nestor

------------------

2000 CCS EX-NAVI

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Shin John, is that info in the big helms man. or in the electrical troubleshooting man. I can't find in the big one. Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,140 Posts
Shin John, is that info in the big helms man. or in the electrical troubleshooting man. I can't find in the big one. Thanks</font>
ETS.
I'll email you a scan tonight of a couple of pages. Hold on...

------------------
-Shin John

·
Premium Member
2,140 Posts
Mark,
Just emailed the pages....

I forgot if you had a '00 or '01. They are different. Page 130-17 is the '99-'00 and 130-25 is for the '01. My manual doesn't cover '02, BTW...

Nestor's comment about the alarm module only applies to '00; in the '01 it is integrated. So if you have a '00, exactly like Nestor said, in the location he stated. I'm pretty positive it will work just fine with no problem. If you have an '01, you have to try and unplug the keyless receiver unit completely. That unit is located behind the glove box, on the passenger side.

Hope this helps. I'm gonna post this text on the web too, just for other's bennefit.

Good Luck! Let us know if everything works out OK for you.

-SJ

p.s.- Thanks to Jim for honoring me! I'm just happy to help if I'm able!

------------------
-Shin John

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
shinjohn, have you ever removed wires from a plug connector, and successfully reinstalled them later?

·
Premium Member
2,140 Posts
shinjohn, have you ever removed wires from a plug connector, and successfully reinstalled them later?</font>
Yes. Not specifically on a Honda harness though. If the wire is removable, there should be a space to stick a small screwdriver tip or something to deflect away a locking tab/feature. Then the spade or recepticle should slide out of the housing. The tip should insert either from the wire (insulated) side, or perpendicular, depending on how the housing is designed.

The other way to do this is cut the individual wire and then install insulated crimp connectors in line. That way it's easy to connect/disconnect.

Hope this helps.

------------------
-Shin John

1 - 11 of 11 Posts