Honda Odyssey Forum banner

Disconnect battery will the van forget all my settings?

2644 Views 8 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  sinbad
I was thinking about disconnecting my battery for a bit to keep the parasitic drain from toasting my battery. I was just wondering will I need to reset all the driver settings for both drivers if I do this, or is the van able to retain the settings with no power? Thanks.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
Honda Odyssey 2018 Touring (Canadian)
222 Posts
I disconnected my battery, didn't lost any setting, only gas mileage for A and B trip. Also gas mileage range will be maximize until system relearn your driving style.

· Registered
2023 Honda Odyssey Sport - Black/Black
1,567 Posts

· Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the advise but I am still wondering if the 30 changes I made will stick if I disconnect the battery. If not that is a pain since there is no way to save settings to any storage device.

· Registered
2022 Honda Odyssey Touring
56 Posts
I have this one, also a Battery Tender but different than the one in the Costco link above:

Battery Tender Plus Maintainer and Charger

As far as disconnecting your battery to prevent parasitic loss versus hooking up a maintainer, I think the latter is better for the long-term health and longevity of your battery. I use the Battery Tender on my '08 Jetta, which at this point is a third weekend/sunny day car. Works great as a maintainer (note the one I have isn't beefy enough to charge the car battery).

· Registered
62 Posts
I have this one, also a Battery Tender but different than the one in the Costco link above:

Battery Tender Plus Maintainer and Charger

As far as disconnecting your battery to prevent parasitic loss versus hooking up a maintainer, I think the latter is better for the long-term health and longevity of your battery. I use the Battery Tender on my '08 Jetta, which at this point is a third weekend/sunny day car. Works great as a maintainer (note the one I have isn't beefy enough to charge the car battery).
I have the same maintainer and was able to prolong the battery life on my BMW for another year after getting low battery warnings. Sold the car, so I'm not sure how it's holding up now. Need to use this on the Ody now!

· Registered
1,446 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts