Honda Odyssey Forum banner

Distortion in aftermarket headrest monitors

2K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  telecomguy 
#1 ·
Hello all,

I've been a lurker here for a month since we bought our 2008 Ody EX. It didn't have RES, and my wife wanted to go the aftermarket route to get it in there since we have a couple of trips this year and she'll pull her hair out if she has to listen to three kids yell and scream for many hours.

At any rate, I purchased a Pioneer AVIC-X130BT and 2 sets of ESS replacement headrests with 9" LCDs in them from Crutchfield. I installed the AVIC and a couple other things that went with it without issues, and on Saturday I finally got the power and ground run for the driver seat headrest to test it and make sure it worked. I connected the power and ground to the 12V power plug in the center console under the cup holders. I ran some RCA cables on top of the dash to the LCD screen from the back of the head unit. I just turned the Ody to ACC to make sure the LCD came on and it did. I popped a DVD in and the movie played. I was also able to get the audio to play as I listened via the headphone jack.

I went back out Sunday morning and started the engine and listened to the audio and noticed there was a lot of interference and I could see it on the screen as well. I tried a few different RCA cables and it was all the same. I did some searching on the internets and from what I could see was that if it wasn't the RCAs it was the power/ground. So I went out and bought a couple Bussman Add-A-Circuits from Advanced and decided to connect right up to the fuse panel on the driver's side. I also connected to the ground right below that panel as well that is behind the gas door release. I turned on the Ody and the same damn thing happened.

At this point I'm at a loss for what I should look at. Does anyone have any ideas? Are there special RCA cables that are needed for auto video? Anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.