Honda Odyssey Forum banner

61 - 64 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm doing a compressor replacement and found you article full of great info but I have a question. What is the torque used to fasten the 5.5mm bolts that hold the high pressure hose adapter?

·
Registered
130 Posts
I'm doing a compressor replacement and found you article full of great info but I have a question. What is the torque used to fasten the 5.5mm bolts that hold the high pressure hose adapter?
Not sure, but those are crazy tight coming off. Make sure you have the right socket and soak them in penetrating oil. This may be the most risky part of the job. You can just snug them up when reinstalling. They are hard to strip out, but I commend you on trying to find the specs.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Does this procedure apply for 4th Gen Odys? (2011-2017)

I'm mainly concerned whether or not I can pull the compressor out through the passenger whell well or if I have to go through the bottom, after removing the frame brace.

·
Registered
30 Posts
CANT GET THE COMPRESSOR OUT>>> ? Try what these user and I found helpful!

Just did a 2005 EXL with 140000+ miles last night. Once I quit fighting the small space and pulled the tensioner it was a breeze. Off to get the system refilled today. To echo others.
1. Just remove the tensioner. It is SO much easier

Eric
To pull it through the wheel well you need to take off the tensioner. Use a breaker bar from on top to loosen it and then remove it. I tried to just undo the bolt on the bottom and move the bottom arm of the tensioner and it will not fit through. Once you remove the tensioner you have just the right amount to pull it through. And replace the receiver/dryer. It is very easy. just remove the clips to the upper bumper, the screws in the wheel wells right in back of the front lights at the seam, then tilt the bumper forward to gain access to the condensor. Don't bother removing the clips on the splash guard. I jjust removed the right wheel well and 2-3 clips on the right splash guard to gain access to everything. Just bend the guard down and out of the way. Good luck. Just did the whole thing this past weekend. Not fun at all but beats the $1500 to have the shop do it.

CNN if you see this reply, please update your wonderful guide with this!!!

Removing the tensioner completely will allow the compressor to slip throught the wheel well area!!!

I swapped my compressor AGAIN last night. The first swap worked very nicely for two or three texas summers but unfortunately failed last weekend so i ordered another Denso from amazon and its working again. My first swap, i drew vacuum and recharged myself, worked very well. This time i had a trusted mechanic friend do the evac and recharge with his fancy equipment (my harbor frieght manifold guage doesnt seem to be working right and i m a lot more busy right now.)

Now hopefully i have the same luck with out Fit Sport. :D

61 - 64 of 64 Posts