Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My air conditioning is not cold. I never add any refrigerant since I bought this car 10 year ago.

Can I used the Add Refrigerant Kit that sold in Walmart such as EZ Chill Kit or I need to have the auto mechanic to do it?

Thanks all!

·
Registered
18 Posts
You should be able to get away with adding it if your system has gradually lost its cool. The hoses and seals are semi-permeable to the refrigerant so some escapes over time.
If there was a major failure of like a seal or hose, adding R-134 won't help. You should try though... if adding some makes it cool and it stays that way for the summer, maybe it just needed a boost. Eventually parts will need replacement.
I have use the EZ chill kits - they're a little sketchy but seem to work.

·
Registered
201 Posts
2002 EX L

Just to add , if the system leaked down quite a bit it would be a good idea to add a 2 oz oil shot first before topping to the correct pressure , use PAG oil it comes in a small can 2oz oil, 2oz refrigerant ;)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Re: 2002 EX L

odysseusChariot said:
Just to add , if the system leaked down quite a bit it would be a good idea to add a 2 oz oil shot first before topping to the correct pressure , use PAG oil it comes in a small can 2oz oil, 2oz refrigerant ;)
I can't remember... can you get those PAG shots that come with a hose or work with the auto store hose/gauge kits?

Oops. Dumb question. I suppose the 2oz. of R-134 carry the oil into the system the same way as hooking up a can of regular refrigerant.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you all for replying my question. I checked the price for the kit and it's about $40-50. So, I just have my mechanic looked at my air condition and it cost me about $100 with minor fixing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts