Honda Odyssey Forum banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
hey jeff!

i didn't take pictures of the spill stains, rust colored stains and dents :)

the stains were "cleaned" but i could tell they were there.

the dents were on the rear corners and rust stains from somewhere... i suspect mine came from a MPV that was rear ended.

it still functions and for the price vs condition - i'm fine with it.

dude, my box/packaging was taped together from scraps, too - lol.

oh well... really, for the price delivered i'm very happy with it.

i really like the versatility of the netting, too.

the ability to lay flat and/or make dividers.

have a great rest of the weekend!!!

joel

·
Registered
12 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
bummer... sorry to hear about that.

you can always leave feedback on their ebay store!

i would have but i didn't go through their store.

i'm really getting a lot of use out of the bin.

i put tools, tool boxes, groceries and whatever else i can put it there and then stack more stuff on the top after i put the lids back on.

joel

·
Registered
3 Posts
MPV organizer

Hi Guys,

Here's my first post

We just got a 2006 Odyssey Touring and are just starting to figure out how everything works (or how to use everything in the best ways).

how much weight can these organizers take? if you're going on weekend trips with the kids, do you put your luggage in and over top of the organizer or do you definitely have to remove it before the trip?

if you have to remove it every time, what is the best way to stack/pack a bunch of overnight bags (we tend to travel with 4 -5 small bags on weekend trips, rather than 2 larger bags we might take on a longer vacation. (this question might be better as its own post).

thanks and I'm really impressed with the Odyclub so far!

aron

·
Registered
221 Posts
it really depends on what you have and how much they weigh.

if you have big bags/luggage and need to stack them into the back you can simply remove the bin... i throw mine into the garage when i have to have the 3rd row down and need all the cargo space.

currently, i have the 3rd row down and have the bin against the 2nd row of seats.

when i return the 3rd row to the seated position i'll simply but it back in the cargo area.

the bin itself can hold a good amout of weight that is evenly distributed.

joel

Hi Guys,

Here's my first post

We just got a 2006 Odyssey Touring and are just starting to figure out how everything works (or how to use everything in the best ways).

how much weight can these organizers take? if you're going on weekend trips with the kids, do you put your luggage in and over top of the organizer or do you definitely have to remove it before the trip?

if you have to remove it every time, what is the best way to stack/pack a bunch of overnight bags (we tend to travel with 4 -5 small bags on weekend trips, rather than 2 larger bags we might take on a longer vacation. (this question might be better as its own post).

thanks and I'm really impressed with the Odyclub so far!

aron

·
Registered
19 Posts
Technically, yes, the Mazda cargo organizer (2006) will fit in the Odyssey third row storage well, but it wastes a lot of space. The Odyssey's well is deeper than the bin, so you'd have to prop up the front edge of it, to get it to sit flat. There's also space that's devoted to the ledge of the bin, that could be used to provide a lot more storage area. Lastly, the well is wider (front to back) than the bin, so you lose space in that manner.

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
I haven't tried it in my 06 EX-L yet, but I could fit 3 of these 18 gallon totes in the rear cargo area of my 04 LX. It was tight, but they fit.

I also had a board that I would lay across the top when I wanted a flat surface, otherwise I just piled stuff on top of the bins. I typically did this when we went on vacation and needed the rear bench. Now that the 4 kids have moved out, I rarely need the rear seat, so I keep it stored in the floor. The bins are still great for moving stuff, keeping camping equipment dry, etc.

The advantage of the small bins is that they can be moved around easier than one large one and items can (perhaps) be organized a little better. The downside is that larger items won't fit. Obviously, it's not a one-size-fits-all solution.

(BTW - With a mover's dolly and some ratchet straps, you can stack these bins 3 - 4 high and easily roll them across campus, into elevators, etc. I used to watch other families struggling with huge plastic bags and busted cardboard boxes as I sailed right by with my bins on the dolly. I would get lots of envious looks from the other dads. :D)

·
Registered
19 Posts
41 - 52 of 52 Posts