Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Amazing video as usual. I have come to the conclusion that you only open that hood to do videos...bay looks clean and shining like the day it left the dealership. Thanks for sharing. If that would have been me (living in South Florida) sweat would be running every where.

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Amazing video as usual. I have come to the conclusion that you only open that hood to do videos...bay looks clean and shining like the day it left the dealership. Thanks for sharing. If that would have been me (living in South Florida) sweat would be running every where.
Thanks man!!
You hear that $150 32" fan running in the background? Without that I can't work, stupid hot and humid.

·
Registered
28 Posts
MrRangerZr1 great video, thanks for helping out the community. I'm actually in the middle of replacing all the mounts in my 2006 EX.
Although I know everyone recommends Honda OEM mounts, I decided to go with cheap eBay ones because of price. $60 for all four shipped compared to $700+ at the dealer. I will definitely keep you all posted with how they perform. I figured they would be better than the hard, broken oem mounts that are in there now with 180k miles on em.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Also, when removing my front mount I noticed that the previous owner had the wrong mount on there. It was missing the vacuum connection on the bottom and the vacuum line was just sitting there capped with a screw.... Hmmmm...

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Also, when removing my front mount I noticed that the previous owner had the wrong mount on there. It was missing the vacuum connection on the bottom and the vacuum line was just sitting there capped with a screw.... Hmmmm...

View attachment 152103
Yeah he probably got a generic mount from the autoparts store...
$700 for the LX/EX mounts?? Oh...that's the stealership never mind no surprise lol
Did you shop around online? I bought my OEM motor mounts for less than $300.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Yeah he probably got a generic mount from the autoparts store...
$700 for the LX/EX mounts?? Oh...that's the stealership never mind no surprise lol
Did you shop around online? I bought my OEM motor mounts for less than $300.
I did not shop around to be honest man. Checked my local dealership and that was about it. Oh well $60 shipped you really can't beat it.

I've got them all in except the rear one which seems like it's going to be tough...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I did not shop around to be honest man. Checked my local dealership and that was about it. Oh well $60 shipped you really can't beat it.

I've got them all in except the rear one which seems like it's going to be tough...

You need to shop around. You're probably thinking you saved money but when they break month or two later you'll regret it.
It's not too hard with the right tools.

·
Registered
28 Posts
It seems like the nut on the back side of the bolt that goes through the center of the rear mount is turning when I turn the bolt. Uh oh

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
It seems like the nut on the back side of the bolt that goes through the center of the rear mount is turning when I turn the bolt. Uh oh
Which nut? Pictures?
I will post the rear mount DIY video soon.

·
Registered
28 Posts
There's no nut...

Which nut? Pictures?
I will post the rear mount DIY video soon.
What the center bolt threads into...

I will get some pics. Kinda tough area to get a pic though. I used a few long extensions to get at the bolt but it seems like it's just turning and not coming out. Gon a fight with it some more tonight.

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What the center bolt threads into...

I will get some pics. Kinda tough area to get a pic though. I used a few long extensions to get at the bolt but it seems like it's just turning and not coming out. Gon a fight with it some more tonight.

There is no nut, the bolt screws into the motor mount bracket. Take a picture and post it here.

·
Registered
28 Posts
There is no nut, the bolt screws into the motor mount bracket. Take a picture and post it here.
Yea the nut on the mount bracket seems to have seized to the bolt... I'm turning the bolt and had a friend confirm looking from the passenger side that the nut is also turning... Which shouldn't happen

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yea the nut on the mount bracket seems to have seized to the bolt... I'm turning the bolt and had a friend confirm looking from the passenger side that the nut is also turning... Which shouldn't happen
Posted the rear mount video:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Posted the rear mount video:
I actually got mine out and replaced.... Appears the previous owner put an extra nut on there.

Either way I must say the cheap $60 ebay mounts feel great! Completely fixed our vibration issues. Hopefully they last

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Did the front mount today. Before taking out my old mount, noticed how big the bulge was on the rubber sac. Took initial mount measurements. The LX mount is 1/8 in higher.

I had a tranny cooler so I could not swing out the rad/condenser enough to pull out the driver side fan. Turns out we do not have to remove it completely. I just moved it over to passenger side. I disconected the ground wire and hood stand holder. The mount came up and out easy by slightly maneuver around upper rad hose.

Forward shifts are smooth. No more lag/jerk. Also used this chance to change my coolant from green to blue again. Every time to go to my mechanic anytime coolant is involved I get green, even if I leave OEM type 2. Took half a day to flush it out.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Mr.Ranger.. I just watched your video it doesn't look that bad to do.. Who is the MFG of the mounts I see them on Rock auto for $60 to $ 100

·
Registered
22 Posts
Great video as always Mr Ranger! Unfortunately, I had to replace the motor mounts on my 2007 Odyssey EX with 120K back in February of this year and it was really cold out here in New England....so I bought the 3 mounts and 2 transmission mounts along with new nuts/bolts and rubber insulator for the Front Mount all for ~$350 from Majestic Honda. Since the videos I found at the time weren't that great, and since it was really cold out, I decided to bring to my mechanic as I didn't want to cause any engine damage..and I was a bit hesitant on jacking up the engine. The engine was moving a lot when I tested it by stepping on the gas and stepping on the gas pedal. Ended up costing me $500+ in labor as I had him do all of these mounts. I figured it was money well spent...more than I anticipated spending however. If the weather was warmer and you had your videos posted, I would have attempted to do these mounts myself. It definitely made a big difference replacing them...no more thump when I step on the gas and no more engine movement.

I echo your sentiment on installing the OEM Honda mounts instead of the aftermarkets. Hopefully I won't have to replace them again as I want to make it to 200K before I buy a new car.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Awesome video, thank you. I'm a subscriber to your YouTube channel. Any videos planned for A/C compressor, rear motor mount replacement?

Price for a Honda OEM front/rear motor mount on an 2007 Odyssey EX-L is insane. Anyone used Beck/Arnley from RockAuto?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
About this Discussion
18 Replies
7 Participants
blobula
Honda Odyssey Forum
Odyclub community is the #1 forum to discuss all things Honda Odyssey: minivans, safety, service maintenance, mods, and more.
Full Forum Listing