Registered
7,835 Posts
I cannot get the link to work.

OF

·
Registered
7,835 Posts
9671111 said:
I've updated the post to include the direct link.

Which browser are you using? I've only tested the main link with IE.
IE8. BTW, grrrrrreat writeup. :cool:

OF

·
Registered
45 Posts
It is the same process in the 2010? That seems like a real PIA to change.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
JRabDawg said:
It is the same process in the 2010? That seems like a real PIA to change.
No. The process is transmission specific.

If you approach it from the must-do perspective, I agree completely: this service is a PITA.

Don’t do that. There is no official documented need for this service. Far more important to think about is when/how to change out the fluid in your transmission. As a 2010er, that’s obviously a bit lower on your to do list.

You don’t change the AT filter because you have to. You do it because you know it’s there and you want to, hence the mountain metaphor.

Maybe it’ll be something you add to your 2011 wish list, I mean New Year's Resolutions.

·
Registered
45 Posts
yeah, I change the ATF (single drain/fill) in my '02 accord (180k mi - original tranny) frequently, about every 2yrs or 25k mi, whichever comes first. The 6th gen accords had troubles and I have been lucky, maybe due to the frequent fluid changes, maybe due to driving conservative. My concern with the Ody is that they have had some trany issues too and whether we should add the OEM ATF Cooler and a Magnefine and not worry about the OEM Tranny filter. We don't tow or haul a lot, just two people and a dog and not really any gear, well, maybe some groceries. I was planning on following the same ATF change interval as well. Thinking about maybe switching over to the DW-1. Thanks for your write-up, it is quite helpful, even if the 2010 is a little different. Thanks!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts