Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone, I have spent over 2 hours in the search results trying to find an answer to my question. I took my 2002 EX-L with 163K to an auto shop because of a leak. The mechanic told me that the oil pump seal needs to be replaced and quoted me $650 for it. Is there a thread here for DIY on oil pump seal? And should I just save the money and effort by not doing anything except just making sure to check oil level and refill if necessary. Will this lead to bigger problems later on if not fixed?

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
Mine has a minor leak too, I just clean it off at oil changes and ignore it. Big job, remove timing belt, remove oil pan, remove oil pump.

·
Registered
23 Posts
You can use the Timing Belt DIY that's posted here...you'll need to take those parts off to get to the seal on the oil pump. Might as well do the timing belt if you're going to replace the seal, if it hasn't been replaced yet.

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the quick replies. I will live with the leak for now and when I get really annoyed by it, I will find the time to fix it using the Timing Belt discussion thread...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts