Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a 2005 EX with 75,000 miles.
Had the front brakes done as they only had 20% left on the pads along with new rotors. The rear brake pads had 70% left on them , so I did not replace.
About 2 weeks ago, I notices a clicking/ticking sound coming from the rear passenger brake...now, 2 weeks later, I am hearing the same sound from the drivers side rear....click gets slower as the wheel moves slower....is this the wear indicator? The noise is not a squeal or a chirp sound, just a steadt tick, tick, tick that goes longer the slower the wheel go.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Sounds more like a rock or something stuck in the tire. Check to see if something is stuck in the tire treads. Worst case is a nail or something similar most likely case is a rock.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was thinking something similar, but the noise is only there once I apply the break...goes away when coasting. I thought that it might be something in between the wheel and the rotor, but its odd that it is happening on both sounds now, and the sound is exactly the same on both sides.

·
Registered
664 Posts
If you have drums you might have some dust or odd wear in the rear. If you got disc brakes you can check them by shinning a flashlight through the holes in the wheel.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts