Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My warranty is running out (drive a lot). I do all of the maintance items and everything is fine.

However, I read in this forum, for example. Owner took the car in for Service, they found something wrong. Like an engine mount, or power steering pump. So it was replaced under warranty.

Yes, I do the maintance, but I don't know how to spot other issues, if it's present. I could not tell you how a bad engine mount feels like or how a bad pump sounds like (for example).

So should I "pay" for the 3/36 service? It is expensive. Plus they will upsale by adding on things that are not included in the service package.

If I do, do they really look over everything? Or just do what they suppose to?

Or should I just let them do an oil change, in the hope that they will "look over everything?"

·
Registered
252 Posts
Just take it in for the next oil change and most Honda dealer so a "Circle" service that does a rather thorough check, including brake pad lining. Mention you are almost out of warranty and to please take a look for anything that need may need service. I have had every oil change at the dealer and when I look through the large picture window, they do spend a good 10 minutes just looking over everything underneath while the oil drains. Luckily they haven't found anything, but my dealer does look.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I just got my car from service the other day and the last page was a full-page spread on things they checked....and placed checkmarks next to whether it was good, cautionary or needed to be replaced.

They even had the thickness of the brake shoes on all 4 brakes...wow...thorough they are at the dealer.

Everything on my vehicle was green lighted!!!

07EXLREN

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just got my car from service the other day and the last page was a full-page spread on things they checked....and placed checkmarks next to whether it was good, cautionary or needed to be replaced.

They even had the thickness of the brake shoes on all 4 brakes...wow...thorough they are at the dealer.

Everything on my vehicle was green lighted!!!

07EXLREN
So what was "service?" Meaning you paid $XXX for The Service, and not just an oil change (?).

·
Registered
20 Posts
I got a 09 Ody with approx 35500 on the odometer. First thing I did was bringing the car in for service ( don't remember which type, but is cost roughly USD150. ). The ended up replacing both CV joints + rear strut under warranty. Best money spent on a service visit ever.

Either case, I'd recommend taking it to a non-Honda garage, tell them to check the car. It'll cost you USD100+, but it might be well worth the money. If they don't find anything, you can be assured your car is in great condition.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts