Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Accord now hits 180K trouble free. Got nervous reading all posts regarding Odyssey problems. So Just shed over $1200 for an 8Yers, 120K Honda care. I have 30 days to cancel it with full refund. Do you guys buy Honda care?

·
Registered
359 Posts
We normally don't put many miles on each year, or keep cars longer than 5 years or so, or ever had any major repair bills in the past, so I've never bought extended warranties. however, this time we do plan on keeping this van for 7 or 8 years, and considering all the power goodies (sliding doors, gate, dvd RES, navi, etc.), I went ahead and got the 7yr/80k plan for $765 through Bob @Hyannis for piece of mind.

·
Super Moderator
13,642 Posts
Maybe. But we do discuss about it in the dedicated warranty forum.

·
Banned
728 Posts
My Accord now hits 180K trouble free. Got nervous reading all posts regarding Odyssey problems. So Just shed over $1200 for an 8Yers, 120K Honda care. I have 30 days to cancel it with full refund. Do you guys buy Honda care?
I didn't but I'm not nervous about after warranty claims. My wife's 2003 Honda Accord has been almost problem free and whatever has gone wrong (brakes, etc.) wouldn't have been covered by warranty anyway.

In any event, I think I have an opportunity to by a Honda Care warranty at any point before the end of the comprehensive warranty. I think I'll just wait to see how many problems I have with the van.

On the other hand, $1,200 sounds reasonable for "piece of mind insurance" so maybe it is a good deal for you. :)

·
Registered
186 Posts
I had been a strong believer in Honda quality - just do regular maintenance and they will run forever. I still believe that to be mostly true...mostly. I just replaced my '02 Odyssey with an '11 and bought the 8/100k mile Honda Care plan for one reason - between July '05 and July '09, the period between end of original warranty and HC expiration, Honda Care covered each of the four major warranty repairs my '02 Odyssey needed - AC compressor x2, transmission sensor and alternator. It easily paid for itself 3 or 4 times over. Just one of those repairs could make up the cost of the contract. Well worth it in my opinion.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had been a strong believer in Honda quality - just do regular maintenance and they will run forever. I still believe that to be mostly true...mostly. I just replaced my '02 Odyssey with an '11 and bought the 8/100k mile Honda Care plan for one reason - between July '05 and July '09, the period between end of original warranty and HC expiration, Honda Care covered each of the four major warranty repairs my '02 Odyssey needed - AC compressor x2, transmission sensor and alternator. It easily paid for itself 3 or 4 times over. Just one of those repairs could make up the cost of the contract. Well worth it in my opinion.
Completely agree!
My owning a 2011 started with a Broken AC and a bad wheel noise [Wheel bearing busted!] in addition to a recall.. $1780 cost to fix, ONLY $50 dollars OOP.
Instead, Since my 05 was coming on 89K miles, I traded and drove off the 2011 EX-L, bought the 7yr/100K at $600 [Credit from the 05 was $600] so $1200 total. The repair above plus others I did previously, paid 3 times that!
I think you should, unless you are not keeping the car for more than 3yr/4yr period.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Maybe. But we do discuss about it in the dedicated warranty forum.
I'm currently reading in Warranty Talk, and I frequently see this as a response to other people's post... is this not the dedicated warranty forum? *confused*

1 - 7 of 7 Posts