Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can each of the owner reply to indicate that you agree that there are excessive wind noise on the 11/12 odyssey?

For my vehicle: I do hear somewhat more wind noise then the 11/12 sienna.

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
Dunno, I hear more noise from the multiple posts about the same topic. I'd say to use the search function before posting, or at least browse through the recent posts in the first forum 2011 + section page, but it might not be loud enough

:stupid:

·
Registered
395 Posts
What is "excessive?"

The sweet spot of my Ody is from 45 - 60 mph where the van is relatively quiet -- more so than the CRV but less so than the BMW 325 sedan -- and returns with the best gas mileage. On some of the highway around Houston (eg 59), the road noise is quite loud. Which I assume is coming from the tires and the lack of proper sound proofing under the car.

Some people here seem to have a door/ window seal problem that causes the noise. Have you done a search to read those posts? Why don't you take it to the dealer if it really bothers you?

·
Registered
218 Posts
Can each of the owner reply to indicate that you agree that there are excessive wind noise on the 11/12 odyssey?

For my vehicle: I do hear somewhat more wind noise then the 11/12 sienna.
Poor Aero dynamics. There are wind pockets on the side of the windshield. Scooping up the air and making the wind noise.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Not enough sound deading insulation. Honda took too many shotcuts on this model. I own nothing but Hondas, this is the noisiest cars I have ever owned. For the guy who said take it to the dealer. I did that 4 times! No results yet. I am going to talk to the service manager next. Does anyone have a fix for this? The car drive like a dream, but you can't carry on a conversation at 65 mph without raising your voice. HELP!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts