Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello gentlefolks,

I've been reading your posts for 6 months, thereby turning myself into a shockingly educated consumer! ;) Wife and I are closing in on a purchase now and it's down to the EXL or EXL-RES. For those of you who bought the RES version, do you like the system? Are you glad you spent the extra money for it? For those of you who didn't buy it, why didn't you? Has anyone installed an aftermarket system, and if so, what'd it cost you, and are you happy with it?

Personally, I think the $1,600 cost difference is a bit much for a portable DVD player. Our '02 EXL has the factory DVD system, and it's been great, but our kids are now older and I'd rather spend the money on iPads and pass them around...

Anyway, your thoughts are welcome!

GregnMeg+4
Oregon

·
Registered
316 Posts
I like mine. I like how well it's integrated into the vehicle. I like the fact that I can control, to include changing discs, right from the dash.

·
Registered
1 Posts
True IPADS are versitle, but in an accident this becomes a projectile. I prefer something integrated into the structure of the vehicle.

·
Registered
6,861 Posts
We have it..waste of Money.......

·
Registered
76 Posts
I love the RES but we have a 5 and 2yr old. Well integrated into car but it is expensive for DVD technology. I also used Vogel iPad mounts as you don't want anything loose in the car if you have an accident. The iPad mounts are better for older kids.

·
Registered
8 Posts
My 2 year old loves it as does my neice and nephew when we visit them. I like it as well when I'm a passenger back there on road trips.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts