Honda Odyssey Forum banner

Do you remember your first testdrive?

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  J R Jensen 
#1 ·
Last night, I took my first testdrive in a 02 Odyssey. Now, I had been on a 300+ mile round trip voyage in an Chevy Astro (POS company van) just before going to the dealership. Not sure if that had any effect on my opinion, but the ody is BY FAR the best van I have ever driven.

I've never driven anything so large that felt like a midsize car. And the power! I have a pretty decent mid-size sedan (Olds Intrigue with 3.5L DOHC, 215 HP, ect) but wow, the Ody seemed at least as powerful (note: ~900 lb difference) off the line as the intrigue, and about as manuverable.

Honestly, I was sold before even driving it, giving past experiences with Vans, and how awesome the Ody spec sheet looked. But now, I'm down right excited to get this thing! I'm going in 1st thing tomorrow to place my order. It looked like there was a RRP EX that would be available mid NOV. Hooray!!

------------------
beware of the ultracapacitors :eek:

#2 ·
This is my third mini van (others were Chrysler products) and this is by far the best driving of them all. In fact I enjoy driving it as much or maybe more than my Chrysler 300M. It is very quiet and powerful, and the transmission is so smooth that you almost cannot feel the shifts.

#3 ·
To tell you the truth, my first drive of the Odyssey was the day I purchase it and out of the dealer lot. It was pretty scary at first because of the size. Yes, I was amazed with the acceleration and smoothness of the transmission. My wife's 140hp 92 Accord is just as fast, but not as smooth as the Ody. I don't know, I think the Ody maybe a bit faster. I'll ask my wife to drag race with me with both cars after the Ody hits the breaking period. (LOL)

#4 ·
I decided without test driving that the Odyssey was the one for my family. Safety #1, the other stuff is all bonus. And what a plentitude of bonuses they are. The number 240 bounces around in my head making me almost giddy. Yes, this is a superior product. The other manufacturers are in for a serious battle of catch-me-if-can with Honda on this one. Driving out of the dealer lot I wondered if they had accidentally put a CVT in instead of the 5 speed. This thing is smooooth. We plan on keeping this until those 240 ponies are all swaybacks so I have no regrets about choosing the Odyssey over the others out there. My grandfather gave me sage advice,"buy well-built expensive tools--they'll cost you less in the long run".

Originally posted by rumbaoa:
To tell you the truth, my first drive of the Odyssey was the day I purchase it and out of the dealer lot...

------------------
Pluralitas non est ponenda sine necessitate

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.