Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you remove old wax before using a new brand maybe with different components and chemicals.If you don't does it cause patches in the finish ?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi Lamr, the answer is yes. You can do this a number of ways. Depending on what wax you use, there are different ways you can go to do this. Sometimes, the wax will come with a polish to use before putting the wax on. This polish will act as a removal of the old wax on your car. You can also use a clear-coat safe compound or swirl remover to use before applying the new wax. You can also wash your car with dishwashing liquid soap. This will remove most of the wax on the car. However, I wouldn't use dishwahing liquid to wash your car on a regular basis because it'll strip off all the wax on your car. Hope this helps.

Scooderduder

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the info ! I'll try a polish or car wash liquid with wax removal properties. I'm looking for a deeper shine for my SS. By the way what do you use for the plastic interiors (dash)etc.They say silicone products mess it up.

------------------
01SSLXPR
Mud Guards-Kenwood Speakers-Cargo Tray-VTEC Emblem

·
Registered
585 Posts
I think Zaino will fullfill your wildest dreams.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Just my unsolicited opinion, but I don't and won't use Armor All for anything anymore. Some say it actually speeds up vinyl deterioration; I'm not sure whether that's true, or not. The one thing I know for sure is that it outgasses like crazy and makes your windows a lot dirtier than they have to be.

Among other brands, try 303 Protectant. Do a search for it on the web. The stuff's great, lasts a long time and keeps things clean instead of helping them get dirty.

------------------
Chuck
Click here for Ody pics, mods and fixes on FotoTime.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No such thing as "Just my unsolicited opinion" Experts know newcomers learn !
Gracias !

------------------
01SSLXPR
Mud Guards-Kenwood Speakers-Cargo Tray-VTEC Emblem

·
Registered
596 Posts
Yes, 303 is a good product, albeit somewhat expensive. I have used it for years with good results. It is also really good for underhood rubbergoods. Makes your hoses stay new looking on the outside.

Jerry O.
2001 GG LX

1 - 9 of 9 Posts