Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was wondering if anybody else has this problem. I break the lug nuts loose with the van on the ground then jack it up only to find that the wheel won't come off. I have beat on the tire with a rubber mallet and tried kicking it with no luck. The only way to break it free is to drop the van back down with the nuts loose. Yesterday went to change the oil and ran into this,even though just two weeks ago the wheel had been off for a break fluid flush. Never had this problem with my 2000 Odyssey, with months between wheel removal. Is this normal on the 2005-10 Odyssey.
By the way may van is a 2007LX.
Thanks

·
Registered
463 Posts
On our old 2004, I had the rear ones stick on a little, but I believe some WD-40 sprayed just where the wheel meets the other metal kept the problem from happening again.

·
Registered
3,163 Posts
Rims usually fit tight and any corrosion or dirt build up will make them hard to get off. Before putting back on clean the surfaces good and maybe try a thin film of anti seize on them.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
I had this problem with our 05 when I changed out the wheels for snows. Ever since, put some antiseize and good to go. I put this on the inside surface that will contact the hub. Have been doing this for all the cars.

·
Registered
27 Posts
My '06 LX does this and it drives me nuts! I bought it used and at first thought it was because the previous owner never pulled the tires off. I put grease on my hubs and the back side of the wheels but they still stick when I take them off.

·
Registered
375 Posts
This has happened with every car i have ever owned. Unless you are rotating regularly or grease your hubs they are going to stick. When i change the tires i loosen the lug nuts with the car jacked up a littel but enough so that there is weight on the wheel, it usually breaks them loose.

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
Common problem in all cars.

I always apply a thin smear of grease on the INNER hub of the wheel to prevent seizing to the brake rotor hub. It works all the time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts