Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone here installed NavTool in an LX? If so, can you tell me whether you are able to use the lower knob (see photo below) to control CarPlay?

I believe LX's are the only trim that has no lower screen. As you can see in the photo below, there is an additional knob below the radio, and all it does is control the upper screen. So it makes sense that NavTool should be able to tie into that knob and use it to control the upper screen.

However, NavTool's customer service is practically impossible to communicate with. They seem to be telling me that I will have to use their aftermarket "joystick" because they say the lower knob is fully integrated into the radio and cannot be accessed like it can on the higher trims. But that just doesn't make any sense. The lower knob is completely separate from the radio unit and not integrated into it at all.

So I'm looking for somebody who has actually done this and can tell me how it actually works. I can't afford to drop $600 on this without having any clue how or even if it will work.

Also, I know it's been asked a bunch of times before, but are there any other viable alternatives for adding CarPlay to a 2016 Odyssey LX?

Thanks!
\
Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Automotive lighting White

·
Registered
301 Posts
Has anyone here installed NavTool in an LX? If so, can you tell me whether you are able to use the lower knob (see photo below) to control CarPlay?

I believe LX's are the only trim that has no lower screen. As you can see in the photo below, there is an additional knob below the radio, and all it does is control the upper screen. So it makes sense that NavTool should be able to tie into that knob and use it to control the upper screen.

However, NavTool's customer service is practically impossible to communicate with. They seem to be telling me that I will have to use their aftermarket "joystick" because they say the lower knob is fully integrated into the radio and cannot be accessed like it can on the higher trims. But that just doesn't make any sense. The lower knob is completely separate from the radio unit and not integrated into it at all.

So I'm looking for somebody who has actually done this and can tell me how it actually works. I can't afford to drop $600 on this without having any clue how or even if it will work.

Also, I know it's been asked a bunch of times before, but are there any other viable alternatives for adding CarPlay to a 2016 Odyssey LX?

Thanks!
\ View attachment 166434
Yes it does.

Here’s a demo!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2016 Touring Elite
2,816 Posts
Yes it does.
The LX uses a different radio setup than the higher trims. I would still be a bit wary.

I would suggest pulling the dash apart and checking out the connectors, etc. on the radio. If they don't match up to the Navtool harness, you know for sure it won't work. If the connectors match up, there is a chance it will work - but no guarantees.

-Charlie

Reactions: jwzg
1 - 5 of 5 Posts