Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read a description of the Honda security system for the '01 I think that showed glass break detection. Does the '02 EX have this feature as part of the standard package?

Thanks,

Scott

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I guess I should ask if anybody has smashed their windows to test it.

Scott

·
Registered
342 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ExFordOwner:
I read a description of the Honda security system for the '01 I think that showed glass break detection. Does the '02 EX have this feature as part of the standard package?

Thanks,

Scott
</font>
Hi Scott,

I installed the factory alarm system in my '01 LX. According the the instructions, the system does have a glass breakage sensor so I would think that your's does to although I can't be certain of that.

I attempted to trigger the alarm by tapping on the glass with my pocket knife but didn't have any luck. I was afraid to hit it any harder. I could have crawled under the dash and attempted to adjust the sensitivity but I'd had enough trouble getting the system installed that I wasn't ready to wedge myself under there again.

BTW, the installation problems were trictly user error and not due to any fault of Honda.

FWIW

------------------
Drive Safe,
Steve R.
'01 SS LX
Cargo tray, leather steering wheel, mud guards, alarm, fog lights, transmission cooler, in-dash CD player, Kelton subwoofer, under seat storage tray.

·
Registered
393 Posts
The '02 EX factory alarm does not have glass breakage detection. You'll need to upgrade the alarm to the EX-1 model, which is actually just a shock sensor and additional green flashing light added to the factory alarm. The sensitivity is adjustable via switch settings.

·
Registered
23 Posts
AlpineMan said:
The '02 EX factory alarm does not have glass breakage detection. You'll need to upgrade the alarm to the EX-1 model, which is actually just a shock sensor and additional green flashing light added to the factory alarm. The sensitivity is adjustable via switch settings.
Is this upgrade available for my 03 EX-LRES? I've searched for the part but have not found it on any of the honda dealer internet sites.

Thx

·
Registered
393 Posts
The part is not a genuine Honda part. We bought ours from the dealer though when we bought our van. If you've got your van already, you should still be able to get it installed by a third party installer. It's made by Karr Systems. I can't remember whether it's the LX-1 model or the EX-1.

·
Registered
561 Posts
So how do you adjust the sensitivity on the 02' EX stock alarm?

·
Registered
393 Posts
I was referring to the sensitivity adjustment of the Karr Systems LX-1 add-on to the stock alarm...I don't think the stock alarm itself has a sensitivity setting.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts