Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a used 2000 Odyssey LX, and am thinking about getting the Keyless Entry Kit and installing it. But one thing I hate about those keyless remotes is that most models honk the car horn, which is too loud for me, especially at night. Does the Honda keyless entry honk the horn? Once to lock and twice to unlock? Is there a way to disable it?

Thanks.

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
oc92037 said:
I just got a used 2000 Odyssey LX, and am thinking about getting the Keyless Entry Kit and installing it. But one thing I hate about those keyless remotes is that most models honk the car horn, which is too loud for me, especially at night. Does the Honda keyless entry honk the horn? Once to lock and twice to unlock? Is there a way to disable it?

Thanks.
Not sure about the add on kit for the LX, but pushing the lock button once on my vehicles locks all the doors. A second push of the lock button sounds the horn as an audible acknowledgement that the doors are locked. If the LX system works like the OEM system in the EX models, then your concerns should be addressed. You can check here for more details on the install and operation of the LX keyless entry system.

·
Super Moderator
13,642 Posts
I have the factory add-on system in my 2001 Accord LX. It works differently than EX in the sense that when you press lock twice, it does no horn beeps. It just locks the car again. :D

You can set it to beep the horn or not beep the horn using the FOB. Should be in the instruction listed in PSU's post. If you set it to beep the horn, it will beep every time you press the lock button.

Also, remember, there is the keyless entry and then there is the add on security system. I have the security system so it does arm the alarm and all. I am not sure if the features of just the keyless entry are the same as the keyless entry with security system.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts