Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody,

I just received my Mesa Beige EX yesterday. My salesman said the paint did not have a clearcoat. I had been assuming it had a clearcoat layer. I was considering buying some of the zaino products and need to know if I would need to get the product for clearcoat or for no clearcoat. Does anybody know if the Mesa Beige has a clearcoat layer?

Travis

·
Registered
255 Posts
Travis - I believe every vehicle made for sale in North America since about 1988 (possibly earlier) has a clearcoat over the paint. I'm 99.999999% certain that *all* 2001 Odysseys have clearcoat as the final coat - doesn't matter what paint color they are. (Don't believe everything your salesman tells you!) Get the Zaino for clearcoat finishes and go for it - I love their products.

------------------
David
'01 GG EX-NAVI
Classic Soft Trim leather kit; Audiovox entertainment system; Gentex auto dimming compass/temp rear view mirror; splash guards; cargo tray; power door mods; Helm manual; Honda litter bag.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Amen! Tell your salesman that my Mesa Beige Ody has a clear coat. And, it LOVES it's Zaino! Sorry to hear about his.

------------------
Chuck
Click here for Ody pics, mods and fixes.

·
Registered
861 Posts
any metalic, especially has clear. the only recent (within 3 years) cars WITHOUT clear I've seen have been red and black toyotas!

------------------
Any Questions, comments...email me: [email protected]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts