Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I much prefer the Mocha interior and the Steel exterior. However, the Mocha interior only seems to come with the Pewter, and the Steel with the gray interior. I'm nervous the Pewter looks brown, but I also really dislike the gray interior. I'm not sure which is the better choice for me! Any thoughts?

·
Registered
27 Posts
My wife went through the same delimma a few weeks ago. In the sun it looks more grey, when over cast you see the brown/copper. Ultimately the light grey interior of the modern steel scared her away and we got the pewter. She is happy with it and we have gotten a lot of compliments.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I much prefer the Mocha interior and the Steel exterior. However, the Mocha interior only seems to come with the Pewter, and the Steel with the gray interior. I'm nervous the Pewter looks brown, but I also really dislike the gray interior. I'm not sure which is the better choice for me! Any thoughts?
We had the same dilemma and although I like the steel look slightly better, we did not want to get the interior gray. We bought the pewter metallic with mocha and really love it. It looks a little more "copper like" versus similar to the steel look depending on lighting etc. Its a pretty color and for some (like me) you need to see it a few times to realize its not as different as you initially thought it to be. On a plus side, and others might have differing opinion, for a mocha interior, the pewter exterior really combines well! I am pretty sure you have seen it in person a few times (since the color is very different from what it looks like in pictures).

Happy to help with any specific questions you may have about the color or the combination of exterior and interior...

·
Registered
9 Posts
i was hesitant when i first saw it but my wife loved the pewter and mocha combination.
if i look at it from a distance it does look brown(ish).
i had a local guy tint the front driver/passenger windows to have uniform darkness on windows.

here's pewter metallic and platinum graphite side by side.

Attachments

·
Registered
238 Posts
i was hesitant when i first saw it but my wife loved the pewter and mocha combination.
if i look at it from a distance it does look brown(ish).
i had a local guy tint the front driver/passenger windows to have uniform darkness on windows.

here's pewter metallic and platinum graphite side by side.
What tint % did you get? Also about how much does it cost to get the front windows tinted? I've been interested in it, thought maybe it will help in the summer.

·
Registered
9 Posts
What tint % did you get? Also about how much does it cost to get the front windows tinted? I've been interested in it, thought maybe it will help in the summer.
I paid $120 for a 20% ceramic, this is a close match with the OEM rear tint.
Like Pig9r posted, there is a small fixed glass on each side that need to be included.

I believe if I went with carbon tint, the quote was around $100.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Yes, under certain lighting conditions, mostly when the sun is at a certain angle. Other than that, it looks gray. We got the Pewter because it was one of the color we could live with that had the dark interior. We wanted a black interior but that only came in exterior colors we didn't care for.

The problem with the Beige and Gray interior color is it looks rundown after 5 years, even with regular cleaning and conditioning compared to black leather interior. On our 2009 Honda Civic with Beige leather interior, the sides of the leather seats has wrinkles that look dirty no matter how much you clean and condition.

Overall we are happy with the color, but is not our first choice.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Can you guys explain to me more about the tint? Ie ceramic vs carbon? I've never tinted my windows before but I like the way it looks on the front Odyssey windows, plus I want to keep more heat out when it's hot. $100-120 ain't bad.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Oh and to answer OP, my Pewter looks brown to me in brighter conditions. Looks more silverish when it's not so bright out. Color really wasn't a big factor for me, I really didn't care. I did like the mocha interior though that came along with Pewter.

·
Registered
3 Posts
This is mine after a fresh detail! Had it coated a week after I bought it. Love the exterior and interior colors. Also had it tinted 20% on the 2 front windows and 5% from the sliding windows back. I went with ceramic tint way better than what I had on my 2009 Odyssey

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Color preference is a very personal decision much like music. As a new purchaser all I can advise you to do is to look at Odyssey color and interior options in person and make your decision based on your feelings. The 2018 Honda print material and web site are horrible as far as depicting what the colors actually look like in person. We had high hopes for both the Forest Metallic and Deep Scarlet Pearl until we saw them in person. We finally settled on White Diamond Pearl with Mocha Leather. In my opinion the 2018 Odysseys have a very poor color selection. Only two lighter colors and everything else is very dark. Dark colors are fine if you don't mind washing your car every day.

·
Registered
8 Posts
There really seems to be only 4 categories of color: black, blue, red, gray. Grey includes grey, darker grey, green grey, and brown grey - they all appear "just grey" in the correct light.

Also, you folks getting the front tint, is that after purchase at dealer, or elsewhere?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts