Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at the 2012 Odyssey EX-L with Nav. The thing I instantly noticed, and thought was a defect on the one I was looking at, is a really bad seam in the carpet between the 2nd and 3rd row of seats. I then told the salesperson I didn't want that Odyssey so we looked at another one. It, too, has this seam in the same exact spot. At that point, the salesman says, "Oh, I guess it's that way on all of them..." It's located on the drivers side, between second and third row. Does your van have this? Looks just sloppy, and like it will fray with age. Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I noticed the exact same thing when we took delivery of our 2011 Ody LX. Since the LX does not come with the 3rd row floor mats, this was very noticeable. Our service rep also gave us "they all come that way" speech but I wouldn't believe them until they showed me several sitting on the lot. They thought it may be "made that way" to allow access to the top of the fuel tank but I never receive a solid answer to why the seam was there. We purchased new floor mats and the seam is now hidden.

·
Registered
77 Posts
My '11 has a very noticable carpet seam by the side of both front seats........pretty sure Honda could have figured out a better way of hiding it. You can literally see the padding underneath.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Is that where the spare goes? Oh wait, or is that upfront?

Anyways, do all Cargo/Trunk areas have two bumps/mounds torwards the bumper?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Just wanted to mention that when installing the Weather Tech mats I was shocked at all of the carpet seams under the factory mats. I've never seen anything like that, why couldn't they have just installed one piece of carpet without all of the cuts and seams? Seems cheap to me, thankfully I'll never see it again with the Weather tech mats in, and I guess if I ever need to wire accessories it would be pretty easy with all the cuts and seams.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Carpet seam finishing went WAY down in quality from 2007... clearly a cost-cutting measure, but yes, WeatherTech has covered that.

·
Registered
836 Posts
I got that between the 1st and 2nd row of seats. A half moon seam where the spare tire is. Or where it is suppose to be - I better look under there and make sure I have one.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just purchased 2015 EX-L, was a little shocked to find the seam myself and quickly found this forum to make sure that mine hadn't been used to smuggle contraband. Less than professional looking finish to say the least but sure beats the 13 Explorer I finally relinquished. I'm sure enjoying the extra room so far but I really wish there were more wheel options for this van. I have already installed headrest DVD players and the naviks tool to mirror my tv up front for passenger enjoyment on long trips. :)

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Isn't it going to be covered by your floor mats anyways? I don't see what the big deal is really, no offense

·
Registered
457 Posts
My '11 has a very noticable carpet seam by the side of both front seats........pretty sure Honda could have figured out a better way of hiding it. You can literally see the padding underneath.
They still have it there on the 2015! Having both a 2005 and a 2008, I am still disappointed by the downgrade in materials.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts