Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Title says it all - third row was down - dog in tailgate. I've found some places online that will repair and return them to you, but that involves me removing them myself. Is there a document/guide I could look at to see exactly how to remove them? 2014 Touring Elite.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Basically, you pull the side panels and unbolt them. The side with the HVAC blower is more complicated, but doable still. I would suggest sourcing from a salvage yard, ideally a pick and pull place since you get to learn how to dig into the panels and so on in a junk van.

I've had to do this several times on my Keys, although not your model years, but similar approach in all cases. It really is not too bad.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Need replacement for the dog?

·
Registered
40 Posts
I would suggest sourcing from a salvage yard, ideally a pick and pull place since you get to bleran how to dig into the panels and so on in a junk van.
+1

Before you go to pick and pull, take off the belts you need replaced...then you will know 1) how to remove them, and 2) the tools necessary to bring with you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
For the record - it was someone else's dog! My perfect dogs (medium sized Heinz 57 mixes - mostly hound I think) wouldn't even think of doing something like that so that's why it never crossed my mind that this might happen.

Now, back to the parts - I've never gone to a salvage yard, but I am willing to try it out to save $150. Two questions - one - since seat belts are safety related, is it "legal" to put used seatbelts in a car? I can try to pick a car that doesn't have any frame damage so as to minimize the chance that they were in an accident, but is it risky? and two, the online inventory for the pick and pull lists the newest Odyssey on the lot as 2008. Have seatbelts or their retractors changed since then?

·
Registered
13,778 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
For the record - it was someone else's dog!
Hopefully this friend/family member is paying for repairs... and they are investing in a crate for similar future situations.

We generally only have to wipe nose prints off the windows from our dog. 🐶

-Charlie

·
Registered
28 Posts
Before you touch your safety belts, first make a short visit to your Honda Dealer to learn if this is covered by Honda’s lifetime warranty on seatbelt system...

On my 2003 Odyssey EX-L, over time, I have received free replacement (parts & labor) for two different belt-related issues... both of these cases occurred when my Odyssey was over ten years old!

And there were no arguments or hassle: I just showed them the issue; the dealer’s technician confirmed it to their satisfaction, accomplished the replacement and verified the successful results.

Now, at 250,000 miles, I’m still happy with my 2003 Odyssey!

And, for your case, if covered then great and if not covered, at least you will know.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts