Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to install a Donelly Mirror and want to know how to remove the original rearview mirror? Is there a spring or something holing it on? I tried pushing down on it and it doesn't seem to want to budge? Think I am not doing something. Any visual instructions on installing this mirror?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Check out Chuck's instructions in the tech section:

http://www.odyclub.com/tech/donnelly.htm

------------------
2002 Ody SS EX-L (end of April)
2000 Accord SE (gone when the Ody arrives)
1999 GrandAm GT

C

·
0 Posts
It's not shown in the instructions at the link above, but all you have to do is grasp the base of the mirror mount right near the windshield and rotate it 90 degrees in either direction. It will then slide downward to remove. A 5 second procedure.

------------------
Chuck K,
Self-elected President, Vice President, Sergeant-at Arms and one and only member of the, now official, Former Ody Owners chapter of the OdyClub, founded 2/02/2002.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Chuck:

Do you know where one can purchase a Donnelly mirror in Canada? Their website says they only ship to the continental US, but the mirror works in both F and C so it shouldn't be a problem hooking one up to a Canadian Ody.

------------------
2002 Ody SS EX-L (end of April)
2000 Accord SE (gone when the Ody arrives)
1999 GrandAm GT

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hi MrZ.
I can ship to Canada if you need.
E-Mail me and I will give you the specifics and my phone number if you want
Regards
John

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the help. I can vouch for John if you purchase a mirror from him. He has quick shipment and a good price.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I contacted Dopnnelly last night and they replied with the name of a local reseller that distributes their products right here in Ottawa.

I pick up my SS EX-L tomorrow from my local dealer. Can't wait!

Thanks for the offer to ship...perhaps if there is something else I can't get in Canada I will contact you John.

-Kevin

------------------
2002 SS EX-L (Fogs, leather steering, mud flaps, lock nuts, cargo tray)
1999 GrandAm GT

[This message has been edited by Mr. Z (edited 03-14-2002).]

·
Registered
194 Posts
Mr. Z.

Can you please post the Distibuter's name and price and CDN$$ for the Donelly.

Thanks!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Canadian Distributer

The distributer in Canada is Trilogix. They are based in Montreal. The price they quoted me was $340 CDN + tx. This price also included a SonarVision rear-sensing backup aide (thrown in). This is worth about 50 bucks at Crappy Tire.

I'll see if I can find their number in Montreal.

-Kevin

1 - 10 of 10 Posts