1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
2,140 Posts
I saw this and am thinking about it myself. I'm interested in buying the BabyVue version, and then modding it to double as a front monitor (used only to cue up DVDs in a custom A/V system. Since they have a version that does both BabyVue and ReverseAid, there must be a way to tap Video in from a video source like a DVD player.... Only question is: are the cameras used in the system RGB or composite video? That will determine how easy it will be to mod for video use.

Anyone out there try this mod or know any technical specs about this Donnelly product?

Kinda pricey toy, but considering it also includes the mirror, $450 ain't all THAT bad... Whatdya think?

------------------
-SJ (former username: shinjohn)
'01 DEP EX, and I'm workin' on it! (slowly)

·
Registered
147 Posts
I have installed a few, and they do work as advertised. The customers I installed them for bought them after watching Oprah. They are expensive though. I liked the camera in the back since you could adjust it for a nice panoramic view. The baby watcher was neat too. I wouldn't waste my time trying to make it movie compatible, the screen is just too small. Nice but pricey!

DanDan

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So Dandan, where did you place the camera for the reverse function ? Did you have to drill hole to install that?
I also like to know if the flip-down monitor can be attached to the factory mirror instead of their multifunctional mirror? How does it attach to the mirror though ?
Thanks for the response from everyone. This club is such a big help, no wonder so many of us get addicted to it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts