Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
If anyone is interested, I can supply these mirrors for $185.00 US funds. Plus shipping.
I can also get other Donnelly Prods as well.
Let me know.
John

·
Registered
59 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 2002EXL:
Hi,
If anyone is interested, I can supply these mirrors for $185.00 US funds. Plus shipping.
Let me know.
John
</font>
Are you a retailer? What's the cost of shipping out to Calif?

·
Premium Member
1,212 Posts
Maybe you should offer the owner of OdyClub.com a discount.

------------------
Jim
'01 GG EX w/stuff
'93 Nissan Sentra SE-R with more stuff

·
Registered
368 Posts
I'd like to get one if the price was attractive.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Forgive my ignorance, what is so great about these mirrors?

·
Premium Member
1,212 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by jarcher:
Forgive my ignorance, what is so great about these mirrors?</font>
These are aftermarket rearview mirrors with a small window in the upper right-hand corner that displays direction or outside temperature. They're also auto-dimming at night. I've got one on my '01; pretty nifty. My only complaint is that the temperature seems to be off by 3-4 degrees when extremely hot outside (<90), but in colder temps it seems to be pretty accurate. (I'm off by a few degrees when it's really hot outside too, though, so no real basis for complaint...)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Okay...
Anyone who wants a mirror needs to let me know via e-mail. Price is $185.00 plus shipping from me to you.
That should be around 8 to 10 dollars I would guess, priority, insured.
Payment would have to be a Money Order or Check. Checks would have to clear of course before shipment.
I also have access to pretty much anything else aftermarket or OEM you may need.

Thanks
John

·
Registered
1 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 2002EXL:
Hi,
Let me know.
John
</font>
John,
I am interested in getting one of these mirrors for my 2002 EXL. How do I do it?
Is credit card OK?

·
Registered
278 Posts
Oh, great. I just finished installing the other model Donnelly with separate compass and temp display that I bought direct.
Oh well. For those thinking of these, they work great. OEM quality, pretty easy install. www.donnellye.com

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Jim F:
Maybe you should offer the owner of OdyClub.com a discount.

</font>
<font size=+2><center>
He should be provided a free sample, not just a discount!

·
Registered
21 Posts
I purchased the Donnelly Mirror from 2002 EXL. The price was of course great and the product was as stated with quick shipment. He was also very helpful in supplying tips on installing the mirror. He is honest.

·
Registered
58 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by rjc3337:
I purchased the Donnelly Mirror from 2002 EXL. The price was of course great and the product was as stated with quick shipment. He was also very helpful in supplying tips on installing the mirror. He is honest.</font>

The price is about US$44.00 less than what Donnelly charges to buy the mirror direct. Makes one wonder as to the source of these mirrors.

Honest? Perhaps, but the price begs the question. DUTCH

[This message has been edited by DUTCH (edited 02-03-2002).]

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Okay,
I stole a whole truckload of mirrors while I was in New Hampshire a few months ago....
I had to liquidate them real fast, so I figured I'd sell them to people on the ODYCLUB site!! I confess.
Anyhow.......That's it no more mirrors, people can go pay full price if they want a mirror.
You know how they say "one bad apple......"
I've had about enough of the crybabies, so I am outta here.
For your info DUTCH I am a Business man who has been self employed for 30 years, WE build race cars, race car haulers & many other Motor Sports related items. I have 8 employees and we could remain open 24/7 if I wanted to! So being in the position I am in, I have pretty much anything I need in the market at pretty much wholesale!!
Bye

·
Registered
102 Posts
I was gonna stay out of this one, but I must say that "John's" "I'm taking my toys and going home" attitute to a reasonable question concerning the source of his goods makes me glad I stayed away. Let's look at the facts:

1. John, a member of three months posts a great deal, 30% off the normal price of a popular item.

2. His registered email address looks like something I receive from spammers every day trying to hide their identity.

3. No last name, no phone number, no web site, no address for this legitimate business. "Just email me".

4. Newbie "rjc3337"s FIRST post to this forum hearlds John's praises as an honest business man.

5. Dutch, reasonably asserts, if it sounds too good to be true, it usally is.

6. John, rather than giving us the details of his legitimate business asserts non-verifiable opinions about how good his business is, chastises Dutch for his audacity, and leaves town.

Sorry John, that's a little to much for me. I'll happlily pay full price on this item rather than rolling the dice with you.

------------------
Craig

[This message has been edited by celler (edited 02-03-2002).]

·
Registered
58 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by celler:
I was gonna stay out of this one, but I must say that "John's" "I'm taking my toys and going home" attitute to a reasonable question concerning the source of his goods makes me glad I stayed away. Let's look at the facts:

3. No last name, no phone number, no web site, no address for this legitimate business. "Just email me".

Sorry John, that's a little to much for me. I'll happlily pay full price on this item rather than rolling the dice with you.

</font>
#3 is reason enough for me to shy away. On internet purchases, it's always safer to have a physical address before sending the cash or credit card info. DUTCH

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
First............
Let me apologize for my quick unthought reply. I'm sorry, We had a bad morning here at home, but that's another thing. Taking my toys and going home was a good one Craig!!
As far as my "hidden" e-mail address is concerned, that is what my DSL provider gave me. I didn't feel the need to change it here once they (my dsl provider) finished my account.
As far as no website, nope, your right, no website. I do not need one.
Did either of you "just e-mail me" ?
Everyone who did, got my address, phone # if they wanted it, and wrote personal checks to my "non-verifiable" Business.
That's it, just wanted to get that off my chest.
Thanks

·
Registered
21 Posts
Yes I am new to this board. All I want to say is if you feel suspicious, then just don't buy it. I had no problem and when I emailed him he gave me all of his contact information including phone number and I had no problems at all. I paid by personal check and still received quick shipment. I sent payment to a racing business. Again, no reason to bash anyone. Just don't give him your money. He told me he was trying to do OdyClub members a favor by selling at costs plus shipment and I believe him. I don't know what costs are but the main thing is I am happy with the price I received and the product.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts