Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am I the only one who doesn't like the security system using the horn?

I noticed that you can get a siren for the Accord at HandA. I'm thinking of trying to adapt it for the Odyssey.

Has anyone else done this? Any input would be appreciated.

------------------
Lorax
'01 SS EX-Navi
Leather Interior, Wings West Kit and lots of other mods.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I may be the only one who cares about this, but I was able to successfully adapt the siren from an accord into an '01 EX w/Navi.

I ordered the siren and harness from Trevor at HandA. He had been wondering whether the siren would work with an LX because the alarm module seems to be identical.

The '01 EX appears to have the alarm integral to the multiplex control unit, however.

The siren is easily mounted near the radiator (almost identical to the Acccord location). The harness also routes in the almost the same manner. The additional connector for the hood switch is redundant on the '01 EX, but I may be able to use it for something else later (perhaps a power antenna). The only trick involved bypassing the passenger side multiplex module with the horn lead and using the multiplex output (either of two leads) to connect to the red wire of the siren harness. The white wire of the siren harness just needs a 'hot at all times' connection.

When arming the alarm the siren has a nice chirp (compared to the startling horn blast), however the siren is also not as loud as the horn when it goes off.

I can provide more details if anyone wants to perform this mod.

------------------
Lorax
'01 SS EX-Navi
Leather Interior, Wings West Kit and lots of other mods.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts