Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Odyssey Elite
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just noticed the door handle lights and arm rest lights are on, along with the driver side switch panel. The van is completely turned off, including headlights, DRL, and I’ve switched off the interior lights switch next to the sunroof switch. The key fob is nowhere near the vehicle. I called the dealership and the service advisor said it’s probably some vehicle setting that I need to toggle with. I think he’s BSing me and he won’t be able to inspect my van until Monday morning. I assume this has been an issue for atleast the past week when the dealer took the car in to replace a window regulator in the sliding door, and they’ve been unsuccessful fix the drivers side mirror (multiple times) which hasn’t been functioning since I bought the van. They will replace the sub wiring harness next week as a last resort before contact Honda Corporate techs. Just wanted to reach out to the group to see if there truly is a setting that I need to switch off for the light issue.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
237 Posts
Does the dash indicate a "Door Open" light or message anywhere? Is it telling you there's an open door somewhere even when all the doors are closed?

If so, look into the pin switch for that door.

·
Premium Member
237 Posts
Also, adding to your key FOB comment - Do you have more than one key FOB? Do you have physical possession and eyes on ALL key FOBs for the van? I've seen key FOBs under seats, in the glovebox/center console, door pockets, and so on, and the customer SWORE there were no key FOBs anywhere in the car. Make sure you actually have them and know where they all are.

If you approach the van without any key FOBs and open the door and get in, does it act like you DO have a key FOB and let you start the engine? If so, there's a key FOB nearby being recognized, or an issue with system as well as all the other systems you mentioned having electrical issues with :(

·
Registered
2022 Odyssey Elite
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for the suggestions. Tried to start the car without the key fobs in my possession and it didn’t start, as expected. Checked the door pins and when pushed in the orange puddle light at the bottom of the doors turn off however the blue door lights remain on. Tried to contact several dealers and they’re unable to fit me in until next week. So for now, I’ve backed the van into the garage just in case I need a jump start if the battery dies. I think these lights have been running constantly for over 2 weeks.

·
Premium Member
237 Posts
Only possibility that comes to mind is the physical interior light switch that @dick_freebird mentioned.

For your year, I believe it is somewhere near the center, possibly near the rearview mirror. It's a 3 position switch, ON, DOOR, OFF.

ON position, the interior lights will stay on always (maybe the dome lights have just been manually cut off individually).

DOOR position, they will only come on when the door is opened, and there's a time delay option in the infotainment system for how long you want them to stay on for (seconds, not minutes/hours/days like you're experiencing).

OFF, they should not come on at all, even when the door is opened.

Double check the setting for that switch and try all 3 positions to make sure all positions are working properly.

·
Registered
2022 Odyssey Elite
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Unfortunately I’ve already played with that switch with no luck. I thought of removing the fuse as a short-term solution, but couldn’t figure out which one controls the lights per the fuse descriptions in the owners manual.

·
Premium Member
237 Posts
Yeah, I think that door light specifically piggy-backs off the door lock fuses, which means you can't disconnect them alone.

An option is to just pull the bulbs for those lights until you get it fixed. Here's a tutorial walking through it. Ignore the fanboy upgrades if you want, the how-to starts around the 1:30 mark.

Maybe others can chime in with ideas and possibilities, but it sounds like you may actually have an electrical issue of sorts that will be difficult to sort out over the internet. If it were me, I'd just pull the bulbs and be done with it until the dealer can figure it out.

·
Premium Member
237 Posts
Won't hurt, but may not have any effect and comes with the inconvenience of your van having to re-learn and re-set quite a bit of things once you reconnect it. Maybe that's what you want, or not. It's in the category of "just trying things" to see if there's any effect. It'll only take you 30 seconds to pop out each of the door bulbs if it comes to it.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but those blue door lights come on when you unlock the door. Different than the dome lights that come on when you actually open the door. Correct?

If so, I'm leaning towards the lock/unlock system and operation being your primary focus, not the interior lighting system. Maybe try things related to locking and unlocking in various ways and see if they finally cutoff after the activation time-out (probably 30-60 sec max).

·
Registered
2022 Odyssey Elite
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks to everyone for the assistance. The dealer has finally been able to fix the issues. Drivers side mirror was fixed after replacing the entire mirror, faulty sub-wiring harness and switch assembly which was creating an internal short. The door lights needed a new power master switch as the old one had an internal short.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts