Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a strange issue with my 2005 EXL. The lock button on the Fob, and door switch will not lock the front doors or hatch. They will both lock the sliding doors though. The unlock works on all doors, although I can't manually lock the hatch, so I don't know if it actually unlocking it. I have checked the fuse, the latch on the hood and rear hatch, not with a meter though, tried reprogramming the remotes, disconnecting the battery for 10 minutes, and am still having the issue. Any ideas? Trying not to bring it to the stealership, out of warranty, and dislike the fee only to initially diagnose it. Thanks.

·
Registered
42 Posts
sound like the actulators in the doors or the multiplxer?
i would get a wirring diagram and remove a door panel and check
power and ground to the lock actulators.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What does a multiplexer do? I have another clue. I had programmed my fob to unlock all doors with press of the button, and my wife's to unlock all doors with 2 presses. Maybe we pressed them at the same time, and fried whatever interprets the signal? Anyway, now I can't change my fob back to unlock all with 2 presses. I follow the instructions, but get no led light response. If the multiplexer interprets the signals from the fob, and interior door switch, to tell the actuators to open, this is probably the culprit.

·
Registered
42 Posts
mutliplex is body computer. there could be 3 or 4 poss. the main one is the fuse box

1 - 4 of 4 Posts