Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Vehicle Plant Vehicle audio Technology Display device

I am getting the notification that my left sliding door is open while it is completely closed. The interior lights are on too as if the door were open. I’ve searched the forum but could not find an exact solution.

Where is the sensor assembly located on the door? I’m hoping that is not the problem because you can’t order the part right now due to manufacturer supply shortage.

·
Registered
2006 Honda Odyssey (EX)
5,929 Posts
Have you had the recall work done for the sliding door latch?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yes, over a year ago.
I am getting the notification that my left sliding door is open while it is completely closed. The interior lights are on too as if the door were open. I’ve searched the forum but could not find an exact solution.

Where is the sensor assembly located on the door? I’m hoping that is not the problem because you can’t order the part right now due to manufacturer supply shortage.
After a review of the service manual for your problem a few possible items I found were:"
-If you disconnected the battery with the power sliding door open, do the resetting the power sliding door control unit procedure (see RESETTING THE POWER SLIDING DOOR CONTROL UNIT).
-Left sliding door open: Measure the voltage to ground: There should be less than 0.2 V. Possible Faulty left sliding door switch; Faulty left sliding door switch ground; An open or high resistance in the wire.

***This could also be related...our Ody's driver side window and rear hatch stopped opening. Check the wire harness - it is inside a bicycle chain-like snake inside a rubber boot that extends from the body of the van to the door. If you note any damage to the rubber boot then it's likely that a wire inside was severed. I found two wires broken on ours because links in the chain-like snake had disconnected and then the wires were subject to stressed bending angles. Had to resolder/splice the wires and reconnect the snake like chain to avoid the sharp angles.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had issues with my rear driver's door window and back hatch not opening. After a review of the service manual for your problem a few possible items I found were:"
-If you disconnected the battery with the power sliding door open, do the resetting the power sliding door control unit procedure (see RESETTING THE POWER SLIDING DOOR CONTROL UNIT).
-Left sliding door open: Measure the voltage to ground: There should be less than 0.2 V. Possible Faulty left sliding door switch; Faulty left sliding door switch ground; An open or high resistance in the wire.

***This could also be related...our Ody's driver side window and rear hatch stopped opening. Check the wire harness - it is inside a bicycle chain-like snake inside a rubber boot that extends from the body of the van to the door. If you note any damage to the rubber boot then it's likely that a wire inside was severed. I found two wires broken on ours because links in the chain-like snake had disconnected and then the wires were subject to stressed bending angles. Had to resolder/splice the wires and reconnect the snake like chain to avoid the sharp angles.
Thank you. I was able to figure out that it was the battery. I tried starting it yesterday morning and the van would not start like the battery was dead. I put the battery on a trickle charger all day and tried to start it in the afternoon with no luck. The battery was showing over 12volts. I took the battery to NAPA, they tested it and said it was bad. I put a new battery in and the door error is gone.

It’s weird that instead of getting a battery error on the screen, the van defaults to a single sliding door open error.

Thank you everybody for your help

Reactions: WillGinRVA

·
Registered
2003 EX-L
3,653 Posts
Thank you. I was able to figure out that it was the battery. I tried starting it yesterday morning and the van would not start like the battery was dead. I put the battery on a trickle charger all day and tried to start it in the afternoon with no luck. The battery was showing over 12volts. I took the battery to NAPA, they tested it and said it was bad. I put a new battery in and the door error is gone.

It’s weird that instead of getting a battery error on the screen, the van defaults to a single sliding door open error.

Thank you everybody for your help
Thanks for posting back. I hope someone can explain it.
Buffalo4

·
Premium Member
1,605 Posts
How many gremlins can be caused by the battery? Anything that goes through any electronic device on the ODY GEN 5. I was going to go through the multitude of items for the sliding door operation to the end result of the door indicator coming on with the door being positively closed and latched, but it goes so much into the 'logic' for operation and all of the variables it has. I was going to suggest to disconnect the battery negative connector, open the sliding door and leave open. Hook back-up the battery negative cable and close the sliding door manually to see if this would do a logic reset of the door. But noooo... It was the battery gremlin again. Perhaps Honda should have installed 2 batteries. One disconnected, but cable ready! 😄 😂 😡

1 - 8 of 8 Posts