Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just checked with my dealer service, there is a service bulletin for the door rattle most of us seem to have on 2002 models

·
Registered
149 Posts
What rattle are you talking about Sareef? So far I have not heard a rattle but my wife drives the Ody. Can you give me some details so I can try to see if I have that problem.

------------------
2002 TW EX
Weathertech interlocking floor and cargo mats.
Honda hood deflector.
Matching front window tint.
Mud guards.

·
Registered
46 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by shareef:
just checked with my dealer service, there is a service bulletin for the door rattle most of us seem to have on 2002 models</font>

I've had my EX for 1 week and have noticed some type of rattling inside the side doors. Is that what the service bulletin addresses? It's only noticeable when the sound system is off and I'm driving over an irregular surface.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
2002EXODY:

even I did not hear it till my wife told me, there is a rattle sound when you drive. normally I don't agree with my wife, but will make an exception on this one

·
Registered
86 Posts
Any information on the actual bulletin?
The number or something I can take to the dealer.

I have had my 2002 to the dealer once on this, and as most are want to do they said they couldn’t duplicate.
An actual service bulletin would be helpful.

·
Registered
46 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by thulchatt:
Any information on the actual bulletin?
The number or something I can take to the dealer.

I have had my 2002 to the dealer once on this, and as most are want to do they said they couldn’t duplicate.
An actual service bulletin would be helpful.
</font>
I'm looking for it too. I checked alldata.com which lists service bulletins for all makes of cars but didn't see anything on the '02 Odyssey.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I don't think Honda provides data to Alldata.

Scott

------------------
'02 SS EX-L RES, Honda Mudflaps, Honda Cargo Tray, Weathertech Mats, Leather Steering Wheel Cover (when the weather warms up!)

·
Registered
13 Posts
I got the following message from Alldata.

"IMPORTANT NOTICE

The American Honda Motor Company, Inc. has requested ALLDATA restrict access to Acura and Honda repair information by individual consumers. You will unfortunately not be able to register for access to Acura or Honda vehicle repair information, technical service bulletins or recalls.

We kindly request that all comments should be directed to:
American Honda Motor Co., Inc.
P. O. Box 2206
700 Van Ness Ave.
Torrance, CA 90501

Honda: 800-999-1009
Acura: 800-382-2238

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused you."

Gerry

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by gbmyers:

"IMPORTANT NOTICE

The American Honda Motor Company, Inc. has requested ALLDATA restrict access to Acura and Honda repair information by individual consumers...."
</font>
It has been at least six months since Honda had ALLDATA pull their TSBs, that's the first time I checked and got the same message.

I don't think the Honda TSBs are on the internet anywhere.

Regards,

Maugham

·
Registered
273 Posts
I also have rattles in my sliding doors. The Honda dealer is willing to remove the upholstery at try but I am unwilling to let them unless they know what they are looking for. I am interested in the service buliten.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a 2002 LX with about 1500 miles on it to date. I have an intermittent rattle in the drivers side passenger door that's driving me crazy. My latest theory is that its tied to temperature, at least in so far as to when it appears. Nest day it may well be gone...but never for long.
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by shareef:
just checked with my dealer service, there is a service bulletin for the door rattle most of us seem to have on 2002 models</font>

·
Registered
537 Posts
quote:

Originally posted by gbmyers:

"IMPORTANT NOTICE The American Honda Motor Company, Inc. has requested ALLDATA restrict access to Acura and Honda repair information by individual consumers...."

quote from maugham:
"It has been at least six months since Honda had ALLDATA pull their TSBs, that's the first timeI checked and got the same message."

Why does Honda need to restrict access to repair information and TSB's? A cover up? The rumors and speculation as well as resulting suspicion will far exceed any negatives of the true facts and solutions.

O

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by dstevens:
From the NHTSA database...

NHTSA Item Number: SB627523
Service Bulletin Number: 011101
Bulletin Sequence Number: 627

<hr>

We just received word today that our Ody is in! I'd like to ask the dealer to fix this rattle before we pick it up. Do I have to pay the TIS fees to NHTSA or is there somewhere else I can get this information printed so I can take it with me when we take delivery? Thanks -

OdyMom, a Newbie

[This message has been edited by OdyMom (edited 03-12-2002).]

[This message has been edited by OdyMom (edited 03-12-2002).]

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by OdyMom:
...I'd like to ask the dealer to fix this rattle before we pick it up...</font>
Not all vehicles have the door rattle. There are more than a dozen other TSBs for the 2002. None of the TSBs applies to all vehicles, if posts here are any indicator.

Maybe communicate with the dealer, ask him what is the best way to deal with such issues. The dealer can get details on the TSBs.

Also, there are things that may need dealer attention that aren't in the TSB system. Certainly not all problems make it in there. It could be beneficial to work this through with the dealer.

Doing a quick check of the database that dstevens mentions shows that the Ody has fewer TSBs than most vehicles.

Regards,

Maugham

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi:

Are the Odyssey with door rattle problem made in Canada or USA? I am picking up my new EX-L-NAV this week and its made in USA.

Thanks.

Ray

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I still have'nt taken my car to the dealer, but I noticed the door rattle has stopped or just I am used to it.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts