Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is a common problem, but I might have a new twist to it. Most of the rattles I get have always been around the door handle assembly. As I was trying to figure out new ways to find and stop the rattles, I jiggled the door lock assembly and voila - it's very loose, and makes a lot of noise!!. I can bounce the door look around pretty good and it's the same sound I get going over bumps. Anyone know of a way to 'tighten' up the door lock slide? I was surprised it had so much play in it.

·
Registered
62 Posts
There's a saying that a Mercury is just a Ford with lock-washers. Seems Honda may have been short on lock washers on MANY ODYs. I have to turn the music up REAL LOUD to drown out all of the rattles.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
No rattles noted on my 02. I'll keep you posted if I start hearing any.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Had our '02 EX since October. We have a 2 yr old and a 4 yr old, so it's rarely quiet in the van. If I drive by myself, I have noticed much rattling in the doors. I'd like to ride back there sometime to listen more closely to where it originates. I hate to take it to the dealer and have it adjusted. The doors seat fine, so I'd kinda like to leave well-enough alone. It sure sounds like hardware that isn't tight or soundproofed.

Michael Harris

·
Registered
100 Posts
It doesn't make sense but the the rattle is probably coming from the gaskets. Coat them with silicone. Get a can and spray it onto a rag then coat all the gaskets around the doors. I got my van 0n 9/23. I've had to coat the gaskets 3 times. It really does work.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I've had my van about 1 1/2 months and have just begun to notice door rattling, is this a trait that develops over time or amount of use? Does anyone not use their doors and still have this issue?

·
Registered
73 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by chrisj2641:
It doesn't make sense but the the rattle is probably coming from the gaskets. Coat them with silicone. Get a can and spray it onto a rag then coat all the gaskets around the doors. I got my van 0n 9/23. I've had to coat the gaskets 3 times. It really does work.</font>
The sound I hear I believe is coming from the gaskets, too. I only hear it when it is warm outside (above 45°F). I have tried the silicone thing with no luck. I will try recoating them as chrisj2641 suggests.

Bryan

p.s. I got my '02 on 9/27.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts