Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Front drivers side . No grip tape but look real nice ( imo ) enhance the look when you open the door.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Looks nice. How much did the kit cost you? Did the rubber roller come with the kit? Did you have trouble getting the garishes to be properly aligned?

:)

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
$ 192 from collegehills honda. Rubber roller from amazon by dynamat. They suggest you leave a few peices of tape on the under side incase you need to realign but just a warning- once you even slightly line up the sill plates they are almost impossible to move. # went smooth the last one I got cocky and had to realign but was able to pull up and move. just take your time !!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
BTW the grip tape on the rear sill plates add a ton of traction for my son being he enters and exits on his own ( 4 years old) . so it was a safety issue for me above anything else. But the plus is it enhances the look greatly. I highly reccomend

·
Banned
728 Posts
It looks to me like the silver portions will get hacked up by salt and sand during the winter months. I think the dull plastic will show less wear over time in comparison.

Of course the new installation looks great - just wonder whether you will feel like the $200.0 was well spent after a season or two.

Enjoy. :)

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I agree. the salt may eat way at the silver portions. But as I said in the previous post- the reason I did this was a safety issue. And if the grip tape prevents my son from falling from wet snow boots on the plastic which does get slippery and breaking something or a head injury or worse than yes. The $200 was worth it.

·
Banned
728 Posts
I agree. the salt may eat way at the silver portions. But as I said in the previous post- the reason I did this was a safety issue. And if the grip tape prevents my son from falling from wet snow boots on the plastic which does get slippery and breaking something or a head injury or worse than yes. The $200 was worth it.
I guess. My 4 year old hasn't had any problems getting in or out of our van, but I guess any additional traction is helpful. My 1 year old split his forehead open falling against a wall in our house. When he starts climbing in and out of the van, I think I'll put a helmet on him. :)

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Its called "insurance" . Just like those foam edge guards they make for sharp table ends. Let me explain how they work. If your child falls into the edge of a table the foam acts as a cushion so your childs head dosent get hurt on the sharp wood or other material the table is made out of. Now let me explain how the grip on the door sills work. Lets say your child has wet sneakers on and they are climbing out of your van. If the water on the sneaker becomes slippery the griptape bites into the rubber bottom on the sneaker and "may" prevent the child from falling out of the door onto the street possibly preventing an injury. hope this helps buddy

·
Registered
93 Posts
I think it looks great, and agree the no-skid is a good idea, thanks for posting, those pics are a heck of a lot better than the ones on the Honda accessory site. I may order it up for mine, although would have been nice to have it come that way from the factory, especially on the touring. Don't worry about Shazzam, he regularly posts about how everyone elses choices on model, accessories, and every thing else are wrong if they don't happen to be the same as his, just seems to be one of those people who has to justify his decisions in life by criticizing everyone else's.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Hmm...curious how the Honda accessories image for the door sill garnish shows only the rear door garnish (with the grip tape). I think it should be on all the doors. Query: is this chrome surface (on front door garnish) slippery?

Thanks for the pics by the way. Helps a lot with others deciding on whether or not to go ahead with this.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts