Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Downsizing (payments) but upgrading in space (minivan) here in the upcoming weeks. Wife and I have the financing stuff done and we're just looking for the right van. We're not cross shopping other brands. We both like the 3rd generation Honda Odysseys. It's hard enough cross shopping between all the years (05-10) and the different trim levels. That's why I'm here asking for help!

I've been doing as much reading as I can but I still haven't been able to figure out the following:

- What are the major differences in each year? Specifically between the EX-L and Touring trim which is what we've narrowed down to buying. Below is the most concrete information I found on edmunds.com but I'm sure there's more.

There were only minor changes for the third-generation Odyssey, with 2008 bringing minor exterior styling updates and new convenience features, and 2009 seeing a standard power liftgate debut for the EX-L as well as integrated Bluetooth for the optional navigation system.

- We've narrowed it down to an EX-L or Touring. I understand Touring came with optional (or is it standard?) PAX which sucks, but how do I make sure I don't get that? Wikipedia says that PAX only came with two models of Michelin tires. Anyone have 1st hand experience with PAX?

- How reliable are these things? The price range we're looking to spend is low to mid teens. That puts us at a lot of ones that have 90-110k plus miles on them. I understand earlier 2000's had tranny issues but that doesn't seem to impact as many 3rd generations. What recalls were there and what are the common issues should I look for?

- Lastly I've found a 2005 EX-L with RES and NAV. I'm trying to talk the dealer for $14k out the door. It has 95k miles on it. Would that be a good price? It'd be the best that I've found.

Any and all information regarding the vehicle would be greatly appreciated. Thanks everyone!

Going from this:

To this:

·
Super Moderator
13,646 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts