Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First I would like to say that I have been just reading for about a month and have learned a lot from everyone.

Thank you for your advice on switching around the front rail of the roof rack. The dealer basically blew me off on that so we turned it around ourselves. Boy does it make a difference.

Anyway I was wondering if anyone has had the same problem we are having. We have had our '01 Ody EX since 5/11/01. The front passenger side had a drip (more like a running faucet) and I took it in on 5/31 to have it fixed. The dealer said the air filter was installed backwards at the factory. It seemed fine but today I noticed it is leaking again. I was just wondering if anyone else has had this happen and if so what they told you.

I'll be calling them again tomorrow.

Beth

·
Premium Member
1,212 Posts
To what extent is it leaking now? Same as before? It's normal to have water drain when you've been running the A/C. Here in Houston it's so hot and humid that it looks like a running faucet under everyone's car.

------------------
Jim
'01 GG EX

·
Registered
255 Posts
I had that happen in one of my previous cars - the condensation drain for the A/C was mounted on the passenger side of the firewall (inside the engine compartment), but it became plugged up and then we started getting water on the inside of the car. Check the condensation drain and make sure it's not plugged.

------------------
David
'01 GG EX-NAVI
Classic Soft Trim leather kit; Audiovox entertainment system; Gentex auto dimming compass/temp rear view mirror; splash guards; cargo tray; power door mods; Helm manual; Honda litter bag.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
It hasn't been made clear in the previous posts whether yours is dripping inside or outside.

If it's outside, and the weather has been very hot and humid, a lot of condensation drainage is normal.

If it's inside, it's probable that the condensation drain hose has gotten clogged or come undone and the a/c unit is draining into the inside instead of the outside and can do a pretty good job of soaking the carpet in short order. I don't know where Ody's drain is, but they're usually on the passenger side.

------------------
Chuck
Click here for Ody pics & projects.

[This message has been edited by ckonarske (edited 06-10-2001).]

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The water is coming inside the car. We'll check the condensation drain. Thanks everyone.

Jim F. I live in the Dallas area and you're right it's really hot. I pretty much have my AC on all the time.

BethV

·
Premium Member
1,212 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by BethV:
The water is coming inside the car. </font>
I just assumed it was outside.

------------------
Jim
'01 GG EX

1 - 7 of 7 Posts