Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,I didn't do a search. But I was wondering if any of you guys had had the grinding noise in the door issue when the door is being locked. It sounds like a EEEEERRRRNNNGG. It occurs when i push the lock switch, arm the car, o just lock the door with key. I suspect that it is probably a solenoid or actuator.
anyone have access to the parts number to that piece?
How many have actually done this fix before?
Can i forego that solenoid?actuator with an aftermarket one an alarm shop could install?

help me out guys as i want to get this annoying issue out of the way and be at peace knowing that it can be fixed before it no longer will lock any more. I fear as in traffic here, or anywhere you go the doors must be locked to avoid potential car jackings, etc..

any help would be appreciated! thanks.

·
Registered
11 Posts
does the door close while making the noise ? I had this issue on 3 out of 4 doors and came up with a little fix, since its just an issue with the rubber stop inside the lock. If you take the lock out and open it you will see that one of them is broken. If you want some pictures on how to do it i can make a guide but will have to wait till the weekend, wont have time before then.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the door closes. no problem. it is when the door lock goes into lock mode it does that buzzer sound. I hope it's not just grinding away at the pinions or gears inside. Perhaps it's a simple quick fix but I have no idea how to go about it.
Is it worth the while to just take the lock mechanism out and try to fix or reattached whatever has snapped or came loose? or would it a better bet to just replace the actuator or locking part of the power door lock mechanism?
it is only an issue with the drivers door. it is still 100% functional just a real pain in the arsehole every time i hear it.
how hard is it to get at the door lock? is it for the novice DIYer?

·
Registered
11 Posts
It takes me about 10 minutes to get the lock out, its not hard at all, even if you doing it 1st time just take the screws out and pull it, might have to loosen the window channels to make it easier but its definitely worth an hour of your time to fix it up.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
vlad_

do you have pictures of when you did your lock actuator fix? i will attempt it this weekend. I'm in Venezuela and so far most honda parts and dealers don't carry it and have told me to just use and adapt a generic cylinder / tube actuator...i am not so into that..want to keep things as OEM as possible in that aspect. Just want a quick fix before i order it through ebay and wait for the piece to get shipped in.

Accord ones will work right? I am assuming they would but which to which year?

Thanks guys.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts