Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2008 Odyssey Touring, 195k miles
The main 12v battery died and after replacing it, the -lock on the driver door won’t work.
We’ve replaced the actuator and it didn’t help.
When you manually push down or pull up the lock, it signals all the other locks to do the same. The fob still works on all other doors, just not the drivers side.

And I’ve noticed it repeatedly triggers the auto lock at 9mph every time I accelerate, which I never noticed before, even with all doors already locked.

I understand it could be a fuse or relay issue but can’t find any solid info about how to locate either?
TIA!

·
Registered
3,062 Posts
On my '03, basically the same has happened.It suddenly didn't work.
If you pull up on the Driver's door lock, it will unlock and then I can unlock all the other doors with the fob. If I try to lock the other doors when the Driver's door is unlocked, no go. If the Driver's door is locked, I can unlock all the other doors (except the Driver's door) by using the key in the Passenger door lock or in the tailgate lock.
I can only lock the other doors wirelessly if the Driver's door is locked. It seems to be a fairly common problem with a relay board behind the fuse panel on the lower right inside passenger side. A trace on a circuit board seems to get burned out due to too much amperage from a failing Driver's door lock motor (actuator). On an '03 it is not real easy to access that circuit board on the back side of the fuse panel, or so I've read.
Most likely your problem also. I didn't and don't want to spend the time or money replacing it.
If it was an easier and cheaper fix, i would do it.
Since you already spent the money on a new actuator, you might want to do the circuit board repair or replacement.
Buffalo4

·
Registered
950 Posts
If you post in the 3rd Gen section you should get more focused attention. On your '08 a bi-directional scanner can pull codes for the doors, or there's a procedure to jumper and have the codes display. Your model has an auto lock that is trying to kick in, our 2nd gen never had that feature.

·
Registered
12,500 Posts
2008 Odyssey Touring, 195k miles
The main 12v battery died and after replacing it, the -lock on the driver door won’t work.
We’ve replaced the actuator and it didn’t help.
When you manually push down or pull up the lock, it signals all the other locks to do the same. The fob still works on all other doors, just not the drivers side.

And I’ve noticed it repeatedly triggers the auto lock at 9mph every time I accelerate, which I never noticed before, even with all doors already locked.

I understand it could be a fuse or relay issue but can’t find any solid info about how to locate either?
TIA!
I helped someone here diagnose this issue to a bad lock switch in the driver's door latch mechanism. Without a scan tool it's hard to know for sure but in that case it was caused by a bad driver's door latch/lock mechanism.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts