Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our airbag light has been sticking on lately. Usually, if we back out of the garage without our seat belt on, the light will stay on. Other times it does not. It has been random but in the past month we've really noticed it.

The normal seat belt light is working just fine.

Our dealer took a look at it today and they said the driver's seat belt latch needs to be replaced. it is covered under warranty, so aside from some of our time, no cost. This seems odd to me that a faulty seat belt latch would trip a SRS light.

Is the seat belt latch tied to the SRS some how?

We've driven the car down the street without a belt on and the airbag light has never come on in the 6 yrs and 80k miles we've owned the car.

·
Super Moderator
13,878 Posts
This has been a common problem with the 2nd gens. Yes the latch is connected to the SRS module and it will trigger a SRS light to stay ON if there are problems with the switch inside the latch.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the quick response.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Stew, was it for your 05 Ody? So the warranty for SRS is longer than the standard 3yr/50kmile ?

Ours, the SRS came on intermittently, more when my wife drove it and now it seems to stay. So I think it has something to do with the seatbelt or the seat's position.

thanks

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yes, this was on the '05 Ody. 80k on it. Dropped it off and an hour or so later they were done.

I did not ask what the SRS warranty, was, maybe its 10yr/100k?

Good luck.

·
Registered
3,163 Posts
It isn't the SRS warrenty, it is the seat belt warrenty. Seat belts are warrentied for the life of the van.

·
Registered
583 Posts
I think and hope it's the seat belt since it has something to do with how far it's pulled out (much more when my wife drives). The other very possibility is the low battery as I read that the SRS system is very sensitive to voltage level. I measured the bat yesterday and it's was under 13v which I'd expected (our bat is always on the low side due to all short distance driving).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts